China and Persia...!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China and Persia...!?

Anyone get the feeling that they mixed up the starting traits of these two civs?

Take China for example... aggressive setting of 2 yet militaristic, has science as build often in their categories list and yet aren't scientific?

Then Persia, aggressive level of 4 and no build often for science, although they are scientific and not militaristic?!

Go figure?!
    China should be Scientific and Persia Militaristic.
    71.43%
    They are as they should be.
    28.57%

Title of poll should be "Are China's militaristic and Persia's Scientific..."

Doh!

Comment

Also, forgive me if I'm not too knowledgable on these things, but wasn't China the leading country in technological advance for quite a few years?
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeahh you got the point your theory is proofed by history:

The Chines were in the middle-ages the most technologically advanced nation but military very weak where Persia was a more or less militaristic state in the antic but scientifically behind the standard of that epoch.
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Missing the banana option...

Seriously, I have read somewhere that the Chinese traits were changed very shortly before the release, so they got mangled, the internal settings not correctly reflecting their advertised traits... what you say makes sense, but perhaps the aggressiveness and building preferences should be adjusted accordingly instead of the traits?

Comment

I agree: History says China should be scientific and Persia militarisitc. I don't think China was ever the great conquerors, where as Persia had a period of military expansion. If they had not been stopped by the greeks history might have looked very differently.

Comment

Didn't they change the Chinese traits so they'd get a GA from the Great Wall?

Comment

hi ,

in order for it to be truly correct there should be the ability that it changes over time , ....

it should also be dependent more on the type of government

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I'd agree that China should be scientific, especially once PtW comes out and has the Mongols (the justification for changing them to "militaristic" giving them "riders" and having their first great leader be Ghengis Khan was to represent the Mongols). But ironically enough, despite (or maybe because of) the oddities caused by the last-minute changes to China, they usually end up being a strong AI civ, and I love playing them. They're a really powerful civ.

I'd also agree with a shift for Persia to militaristic/industrious. But, to sum up my feelings on the matter: whatever. The game will work fine either way.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

China was supposed to be Scientific/Industrious, but Firaxis changed it just before the game shipped. They even didn't have the time to tweak it in the Editor.

Back then, Rome was supposed to be Militaritic/Industrious, and Persians Militaristic/Commercial.

They based their switch on the fact that Great Wall should trigger a GA for China. Well, historically speaking, none of the really strong and powerful Chinese dynasties ever bothered with the Wall. Chinese historians have always considered the wall-building as a sign of weakness.

Comment

Rome as militaristic/industrious did strike me as more appropriate (and would have, in conjunction with the Legionaries, made Rome a powerhouse civ. Oh well).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well it can't be changed now.
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

...but it can....

just maybe not officially.

Comment

How is Persia more scientific than China? What contribution did Persia made to the advance of science? I know the Chinese were technocally advanced civ for very long time. Even now, Chinese students seems to be doing quite well in science and math.
                            ==========================
                            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
                            X