Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

Sorry if this is annoying, but how does one increase there rank from settler on up? ( In reference to the description by my name in posts)
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Look in the faq, you can eventually find it there. Here it is reproduced for you:

-Settler 1-30
    -Chieftain 31-100
    -Warlord 101-300
    -Prince 301-1000
    -King 1001-3000
    -Emperor 3001-10000
    -Deity 10001+

where the number following the label is the number of posts you've made.
    Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Originally posted by dac
      Look in the faq, you can eventually find it there. Here it is reproduced for you:

-Settler 1-30
      -Chieftain 31-100
      -Warlord 101-300
      -Prince 301-1000
      -King 1001-3000
      -Emperor 3001-10000
      -Deity 10001+

where the number following the label is the number of posts you've made.
      It's good to be the king!

Onward to Emperor!
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood
          Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Also, it takes 500 post or a full year I think to be able to have a cutsom avatar.

It sounds like a lot but if you are a regular here, it'll come in a few months.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Posts in the off topic area don't count at all. I am sure I am well over a thousand posts by now but there is no way to know.

This thread may not count as its in the wrong forum and I bet it gets closed.

Comment

Originally posted by dac

-Deity 10001+
              That is insane. I knew Deity was big, but there can't be many blokes on that!

I've heard of this custom avatar before (when reaching 500), is there any other 'bonus' things as you go further?
              "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                Posts in the off topic area don't count at all. I am sure I am well over a thousand posts by now but there is no way to know.
                I guess there is. I have found out that if I search one of my posts and then click on the "See the profile for vondrack" icon, it displays my statistics including the number of "valid" posts. Your profile says you've got 720 posts now (changing quickly, as you post often... ) Strangely enough, this information cannot be obtained through the control panel...

Comment

There are a lot of people with a big PC in the OT forum that never actually post outside the OT, how come?

So long...
                  Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                  Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                  Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

In the past the OT used to add as well,
                    I think about 1,5 year ago they removed that.

And, of course much OT-ers did post much On Topic in the past, but got bored with it and became OT-addicted.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

Also, it takes 500 post or a full year I think to be able to have a cutsom avatar.

It sounds like a lot but if you are a regular here, it'll come in a few months.
                      hi ,

500 posts shall do , ...

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack

I guess there is. I have found out that if I search one of my posts and then click on the "See the profile for vondrack" icon, it displays my statistics including the number of "valid" posts. Your profile says you've got 720 posts now
                        Thats only my on topic posts. I have made a lot in the Off Topic forum area. Maybe more than on topic. There are people in the Off Topic area that have made a lot of posts and none were on topic. At one time all posts counted. A lot of those with very high post counts made most of the ones that counted before the rules changed from what I have read.

I did find a way though. In my profile I clicked on:

Search for all posts by this user

And got this result:

Displaying Topics 1 to 35 of 2244 Pages (65):

So yes I have more off topic posts than on topic posts.

Lots more.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          In the past the OT used to add as well,
                          I think about 1,5 year ago they removed that.

And, of course much OT-ers did post much On Topic in the past, but got bored with it and became OT-addicted.
                          I used to, but then I relized i wasted 100 posts there.

Comment

Working...
                          X