No announcement yet.

New tech concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I love those lovely toads! and the opposition leader(Kim the Grizzly bear)wears even bigger boots than the prime minister does.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought you had them in Darwin, but then I guess I didn't think about it. My girlfriend is from near Cairns, so she knows all about it.

And imagine Big Beazley does have much bigger boots.

Oh, and sorry for high-jacking your thread guys. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

- MKL
      - mkl

Comment

Yea I can imagine I'm quite a fan of Paul Kidding and Kim Grizzly and I pity John Coward and his mobs especially Peter the cost raiser! Curse to him!!! Damn GST!

Comment

You guys realise that because of GST, that Civ3 will cost more when it's released than it would if it was released now?

------------------
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Back to talking about tech trees, i think that some techs should affect other techs, like making them easier to research (rather than all techs taking the same time based upon your science) or increasing their effect.

Comment

Hmmm...I have something to add to what you said, I don't think it's what you meant but it goes along with it...

You are the Zulus. You just traded Bronze Working to the Egyptians for Literacy. You now wish to research writing (in order to create a library). Should the acquisition of Writing be twice as fast now that you have Literacy? Or should you not be able to trade techs that you do not have prereqs for? (In my example, you would have to trade for Writing before acquiring literacy)

------------------
              ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

Comment

Par4 likes getting certain techs makes other techs easier to get. I think you should trade techs higher than your preq but only 2 or 3 levels or your civ wouldn't be able to utilize them, Rome 200bc would not have understood refining but would have probably understood chemistry. Higher techs lower time for techs directly in its preq line.

------------------
                I use this email
                (stupid cant use hotmail)
                gamma_par4@hotmail.com
                Don't ask for golf tips
                Your game will get worse

Comment

Orange raises a great point.

I don't think you should be able to gain knowledge if you do not have the prereqs. Especially earlier in the game. You can't be literate if you do not have knowledge of the alphabet or writing. Later in the game you might be able to skip things like plastics and still go on to the next level.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                  X