The Worst Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Patch

I have to say that the new patch is the worst addition to the game yet. My game crashes twice as often now, editing is actually harder and more time consuming. Fraxis, if you're going to add to things to the Pedia file make sure they work before you put out the patch. I know this is a rant but I had to vent!
    Duddha: I will return...
    Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
    "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
    Free California!

I haven't had any problems. It might be something local on your system. Have you tried contacting the Help support?
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Since the 1.21 patch I've been having a lot more crashes myself, and it never ever crashed prior to that. I fixed it ( sort of ) by turning of the music, just using using sfx. You might consider that. I haven't had a problem since.
      Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

If you add new units, or rename them, in the Editor, you still, even with 1.29, have to tweak the Art/Units folders.

This is annoying, but it is easily corrected by creating the new folder, pasting in art and sound files, and simply renaming the .ini file. It works for me.

I have tons of problems with Civ 3, but crashing isn't high on the list.

Comment

Well your rant isn't helping us understand exactly what is going on.

Could you provide information on what exacly is going on, and your system (CPU, RAM, Video Card, Sound Card, OS and which patch you are using).

Also, check with the Help section of Civ3, there are people there that will help you.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

it actually helped mine

Comment

The only crashing problem I've had is testing out my multiple-player scenarios (which, unfortunately, happens every time ).

Why Firaxis!!! Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Civ3 never crashed on me.
                Neither did it after the last patch.

Does it crash at a certain point all the time?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Civ 3 only ever crashed for me on XP and then only defore the first patch
                  I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Civ3 never crashed to me either.

Comment

Funny thing is that Civ 3 never crashed on my system! I've heard people complaining and I am wondering if it may be a local problem?

So long...
                      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Civ3 has crashed maybe 5 times at random occations on my win98 computer since i got it (christmas). It has not crashed more often since 1.29.

On my win2000 computer it has not crashed a single time yet!
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

The game crashed on me for the first time using the new patch... never had a problem before. Weird thing is, both times it crashed was right after I got a "We've lost our source of furs" message, and then I clicked on the advisors button in the upper left. Then I got a illegal operation message and had to re-boot. Now I find myself saving the game every time a luxury trade deal ends.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I am running Civ3 under WinXP Pro and have no problems with crashing... with one notable exception. The game will crash relatively often, if I use the F3 key... should I use, say, F1 and then click the Military Advisor, it's okay... but F3 causes the game to crash "relatively" often (like once or twice throughout a 20-hour game).

Comment

it probubly takes more time to make scenarios cuz you have more things to put in! You can still make a boring old map and it will take the same time, just now you have more things you can do!
                              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Working...
                              X