Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch idea: random map generator

What to add to random map generator:
    1: Ability to set maximum and minimum island size.
    2: Ability to set maximum civs per island.
    3: "give all resources" checkbox
    4: At least one luxury in start cuty range.
    5: Disabling jungle and desert starting locations
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

All of which you suggested can be done in the editor.

You can have it make a map, adjust the size of the islands, delete and replace starting locations and place luxeries were you want them. And you don't have to edit the rules.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Tharawn i meen to add this to NewGame in game and tot in editor. I want it automatic.
      money sqrt evil;

Comment

It sounds like a good idea, but ther'll never do it. Personally I would like to be able to set number and average size of islands
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Number of islands also good idea. May be type of connection between islands (coastal/sea/ocean)
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
            Tharawn i meen to add this to NewGame in game and tot in editor. I want it automatic.
            And what I mean, is that Firaxis would not do this because it can be done in the editor.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

All I want is Grassland squares along rivers flowing through Plains areas. Just like Deserts have Floodplains.

Comment

Just do it in the editor! Don't complain.
                Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                  And if you dont want to know where every civ, island, resource, and (if you have a good memory ) tree is? Now if someone would volunteer for the rest of us....
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

And if you dont want to know where every civ, island, resource, and (if you have a good memory ) tree is? Now if someone would volunteer for the rest of us....
                    Huge maps my friend... Huge maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                      I don't like making a map, I prefer having the game creating one for me. I don't want to know what's out there, it's important that I discover that for myself. Having this sense of the unknown is part of the appeal of playing the game IMO.

Besides, it's a lot less work!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

Huge maps my friend... Huge maps.
                        I only play 256 X 256. You can't get any bigger at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I don't like making a map, I prefer having the game creating one for me. I don't want to know what's out there, it's important that I discover that for myself. Having this sense of the unknown is part of the appeal of playing the game IMO.

Besides, it's a lot less work!
                          But if you specify so many parameters, you do have a lot of advance knowledge of the map, if not totally.

Actually, though, I agree with you. In addition to the options you mentioned, I'd like to specify the terrain of the starting tile.

I often made custom maps in SMAC, but somehow the process in Civ 3 seems more tedious. Maybe it's the paucity of zoom levels. At least the 1.29f version has improved on that score.

Admittedly I haven't spent much time with it, so that may be the basis for my impression.

Comment

I play tiny and smallmaps and i unsatisfied with random maps. And i dont know good downloadable tinies
                            money sqrt evil;

Comment

Being able to specifiy number of landmasses is a good idea. The continent maps usually pan out the same. One big one and one smaller one. I haven't seen any three continent maps or even four.

It would make for a different game experience. A four continent map with lots of ocen coverage could be like playing on four tiny pangea maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X