Attack star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack star?

With the new patch, when an elite unit attacks and gets a leader upgrade, it gives an option to change the unit's name. Afterward, a * appears next to the unit's attack. Does it mean something? In SMAC there were * and () that had effects, but I can't figgure out what it does in Civ3... as far as I can tell it has no effect.

The star just lets you know the unit created a GL. Since units can only breed 1 GL its good to know.

Comment

xKx,

A little clarification (although you should know that anything that comes from Carver is gospel).

When you generate a GL, the unit that did so no longer has the capability of doing so, so Firaxis gave us an indicator.

You can, however, upgrade the unit, and thus regain the ability to generate a GL. The unit then keeps the name you gave it, but the star goes away.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus

You can, however, upgrade the unit, and thus regain the ability to generate a GL. The unit then keeps the name you gave it, but the star goes away.
        So upgrade does keep the name? I wasn't sure about this - as an upgraded unit is essentially 'new'. I haven't played a full game post patch - because of scn creation.
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar

So upgrade does keep the name? I wasn't sure about this - as an upgraded unit is essentially 'new'. I haven't played a full game post patch - because of scn creation.
          I can confirm that the unit does keep its name after an upgrade. Arrian (who else would it be except maybe Theseus?) can confirm that you get a chance to rename the named unit when it generates a new GL after an upgrade.

Catt

Comment

Working...
          X