Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Review movie at the end of game work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Review movie at the end of game work?

I'm not sure what you call the thing, but at the end of the game there's the world map with start and stop buttons. It looks like you can watch the spread of civilization across the globe, but mine has never worked.

I thought I'd read that 1.29 was supposed to make it work, but I'm fully patched, and there's still no working movie. Should it work or did I misread, and it won't be available until (presumably) PtW?

Yeah, you just have to wait a looong time for it to start.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Mine works.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        Yeah, you just have to wait a looong time for it to start.
        What do you mean? Wait a long time, as in wait for Play the World, or a long time as in the computer has to calculate so go get a cup of coffee? How long?

Comment

Just press the play button, and it should turn light blue. Just wait, and it should start.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
            Just press the play button, and it should turn light blue. Just wait, and it should start.

Just don't rewind or fast forward or even move ths slider. The game screws up the picture. Cities don't remove themselves and it just looks ugly.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by RedBird

What do you mean? Wait a long time, as in wait for Play the World, or a long time as in the computer has to calculate so go get a cup of coffee? How long?
              Go get yourself a cup of coffee (or catch an episode of ER if you're playing a huge map) so the computer can load the history of your game. It takes a while but, eventually, it does work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bautou
                Go get yourself a cup of coffee (or catch an episode of ER if you're playing a huge map) so the computer can load the history of your game. It takes a while but, eventually, it does work.
                Yep. It was the coffee that did it. I still don't quite understand how the game knew that I had the coffee in my hand but that's what did it alright.

Thanks to all who advised caffeinated patience.

(I loaded and watched Aesons 63K point victory, that almost took a second cup of coffee. Can't say I like the aesthetics of ICS, but, WOW! What a victory.)

Comment

Working...
                X