Longevity Exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip
    Don't consider it an exploit. Think of it as paying all of your citizens in the city to reproduce all day long.
    Really? I thought they always did that.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

They do, but they're more willing when you pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        Good thing I spotted your post. I was about to test this to. Ijuin, could you provide a save file for us? I would also like to see this.
        This exploit, in which ANY additions to a city's population get doubled with Longevity, was in the original out-of-box game, but I believe that it was removed in versions 1.21 and later.
        Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Generaly, when I'm in the modern age, about half my workers are slaves, so the need to build more is not needed.
          Really? Does this mean that you have captured workers? And you are using them?

Correct me if I'm wrong but captured workers work half as effective as regular workers and don't ever switch their loyalty. Whereas, citizens of a city eventually switch to your civ.

Putting aside for the moment that captured citzens don't cost anything, isn't your strategy very inefficient? Wouldn't it be better to add the captured worker to the city and then build a worker with one of your own citizens in order to have an efficient worker?

I guess it all depends on whether you are actually using the workers to improve the cities areas or are they just hanging around waiting for pollution to pop up?

Comment

Generaly, when I'm in the modern age, about half my workers are slaves, so the need to build more is not needed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but captured workers work half as effective as regular workers and don't ever switch their loyalty. Whereas, citizens of a city eventually switch to your civ.

Putting aside for the moment that captured citzens don't cost anything, isn't your strategy very inefficient? Wouldn't it be better to add the captured worker to the city and then build a worker with one of your own citizens in order to have an efficient worker?

I guess it all depends on whether you are actually using the workers to improve the cities areas or are they just hanging around waiting for pollution to pop up?

Comment

"Correct me if I'm wrong but captured workers work half as effective as regular workers and don't ever switch their loyalty. Whereas, citizens of a city eventually switch to your civ. "

On the other hand, captured workers don't have any support cost while you have to pay 1 gol/turn per regular worker.

Comment

Since this exploit no longer exists and can't even be confirmed because it was from at least 2 or 3 patches ago, this thread should be closed.

A key point here is that when anyone reports something strange or unusual, these reports should include the version number (patch) and difficulty level of the game.

Down rev games like the out of the box versions have lots of very strange things that have already been fixed adn reporting these features 6 to 9 months after the fact is a lot like crying tazmanian wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by fittstim

Easy their Mr. Double Post

I'm in Democracy when that happens, and they work just as well as if I was in Republic. Besides, I don't have that much else to build, mostly just cleaning up pollution tiles.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by cracker
                    Since this exploit no longer exists and can't even be confirmed because it was from at least 2 or 3 patches ago, this thread should be closed.

A key point here is that when anyone reports something strange or unusual, these reports should include the version number (patch) and difficulty level of the game.

Down rev games like the out of the box versions have lots of very strange things that have already been fixed adn reporting these features 6 to 9 months after the fact is a lot like crying tazmanian wolf.
                    True, but he had a legit concern, which is *gulp* welcomed by most. Besides, at least every week there is someone else posting about what WLTKD does. Do you think everyone should search done 30 pages of threads just to find a silly little answer? Please let me know of anyone who goes beyond 5 pages.

Everyone who think they found a bug should report the version number and diffculty and possibly provides a save.

Comment

This has already been discovered, and banned by some tournaments. (including rbc)

Comment

Yup, this method has been banned from all the tournaments or HoF games that I know of.

Comment

Working...
                        X