do you think the game is long enought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thrawn05
    The total time it takes me to finish a huge game (this if I played none stop) is about 12 hours. Usualy ending in a diplomatic victory.
    (speed freak!)
    I would play 20-30 hours a week and the game would last weeks or months, even if it was a large map.

I don't know, maybe I get more involved in it than you; I'm in it for the experience, not to "get it over with."

Comment

I'm with Jaybe on this one. Yeah, I think the game is the right length, but I tend to savor the process of my inevitable victory.

Or whatever.

There are some games I don't mind brushing through, but I get into some--usually on huge maps--and it feels like it's one of those special ones that deserves that little bit of extra effort and care, that need months to play out properly. THey're rare, but they happen.

(I also have a wife that...ahem...has these demands she makes of me. )

Comment

hi ,

they should include more turns , with an option top turn that on or off , so that we are all happy , ...

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Not finishing the game within the timeframe is just a sign that you are inexperienced at playing it. As you improve your techniques then you will soon see how easy it is to reach the end of the tech tree and/or complete one of the victory conditions.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Personally I would like to see the game slowed down. Not extended into the future just make the turns shorter so it takes more turn to get up to the fnish date?
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Originally posted by panag
              they should include more turns , with an option top turn that on or off , so that we are all happy , ...
              That would have been the logical thing. Im surprised the additions to the editor haven't included a 'number of turns per game' tab.

Also the lack of a future age is what really kills of the modern age - which is too much like the industrial age to be that much fun. Thats one thing they should have 'borrowed' off CTP...
              "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

(speed freak!)
                I would play 20-30 hours a week and the game would last weeks or months, even if it was a large map.

I don't know, maybe I get more involved in it than you; I'm in it for the experience, not to "get it over with."
                Speed freak?

I take my time. Perhaps all those extra hours you spend are waiting for your next turn?
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Speed freak?
                  I take my time. Perhaps all those extra hours you spend are waiting for your next turn?
                  No, while I have mentioned playing a huge game on a Macintosh, most of the time I am playing on a 1.3GHz HP. Just finished a standard (large?) map game, and it still took me a month. Perhaps I just take MORE time.

Comment

No, while I have mentioned playing a huge game on a Macintosh, most of the time I am playing on a 1.3GHz HP. Just finished a standard (large?) map game, and it still took me a month. Perhaps I just take MORE time.
                    Well, I do automat my workers and let my governers to do the dirty work. And as I stated lots of times, I'm a builder, and usualy get the annoying Culture Win screen (I still play up to 2050AD afterwards). I should stop playing that, but I want the AI the chance to do the same as well.

Also I always play Huge maps with only 10 civs. 16 is just too crowded.
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Well, I do automat my workers and let my governers to do the dirty work. ...
                      I don't do either of these things. That may be a large part of the difference.

Comment

I don't do either of these things. That may be a large part of the difference.
                        I would too, but I'm not a mouse user.

And don't forget, that 12 hours is spread out for like a week. The most I've every done is 3 hours straight.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar

That would have been the logical thing. Im surprised the additions to the editor haven't included a 'number of turns per game' tab.

Also the lack of a future age is what really kills of the modern age - which is too much like the industrial age to be that much fun. Thats one thing they should have 'borrowed' off CTP...
                          hi ,

indeed they could have , BUT the best would have been to improve that a bit , and to give us more options on that !

more and more people start in a certain era and with more money , so that by the time its year "zero" they can start to make some serious war , ...

also they should include an option to have the "end" postponed , it would also be great for scenario's , ..

have a nic day all of you
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Would be a great idea to play on and on and on till the spaceship is launched. Yeahh you can play on but we all want to see our names in the Hall of Fame and therefore want the score-points to continue. In the end that's why we play the game:

High-score wohoo
                            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Working...
                            X