No announcement yet.

do you think the game is long enought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think the game is long enought?

I'm some what new to Civ III and was wanting to know , is there a way to turn off the Victory date ? I just wanna see if I Can Build and Complete evrything in a game , there's just not enought time to do it in . I've downloaded the new patch 121f . is there some thing else to do to extend the date end ? Thx
    Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Don't think so, Sea. Of course the game will allow you to play beyond the end date. No score is counted--and launching the ship after the last year did absolutely nothing in my game, so you miss out on that movie--but you can still build everything of course.

Comment

yeah i can keep going but, it wont count all the points after the end date. I was trying to see how many point i could rack up

ANYBODY INTERISTED IN TRYING TO CREATE ONE ??

Comment

I just took a look at the editor...I don't find anything in there to tinker with that end date. It may be hard-coded. *Would love to take a hammer and chisel to little tiny bits of the code...but then remembers he's no game designer, or even a programmer, and that's why the Firaxians get paid the big bucks* Maybe in Play the World...maybe we can look forward to it there.

Comment

The end year date really is hardcoded. The only tool allowing a change is said to be Gramphos' Civ3MT (see the Files section) that is capable of changing this in saved games, IIRC.

Comment

Could very well do the trick, Vondrack. I haven't played around too much with that, either, so I didn't want to raise hopes too much.

To simplify your search, Sea, here's a link.
            http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...ts=2431&cat=49

Comment

Re: do you think the game is long enought?

Originally posted by Sea41571
              I'm some what new to Civ III and was wanting to know , is there a way to turn off the Victory date ? I just wanna see if I Can Build and Complete evrything in a game , there's just not enought time to do it in . I've downloaded the new patch 121f . is there some thing else to do to extend the date end ? Thx
              121f is not new.

129f is new.

Comment

Sorry Rob I have 121F. Khyron Thx for the links to the Civ3MT , im gonna wait a while to down load 129F to many bad replys with errors in the other Threads, I'll give it a few months.

Comment

Sea--Not a problem. Hope that's helpful to you. Gramphos came up with one heck of a great tool with.

Rob, thanks for pointing the current version out to Sea, I completely missed that.

Comment

I just wanna see if I Can Build and Complete evrything in a game , there's just not enought time to do it in .
                    There is plenty of time. While the end date is hard coded and may still be that way in PTW all you need to do is build enough workers and enough cities. If you don't have enough cities you won't have enough population producing money for tech. If you don't have workers you won't have enough shields for improvements.

You need at least nearly 1 industrious worker or 1.5 to 2 non-industrious workers per city, more if you have to deal with a lot jungle or are using slave workers who work at half rate. DO NOT automate the workers till late in the game when you may have hordes of them. Automated workers irrigate too much of the grasslands and they aren't likely to improve the squares in the most efficient order.

Even on the lowest level, Chieftan where the AI is so crippled you will have to do all the research yourself, its possible to lauch the Space Ship in the mid 1700's. On higher levels you can trade for tech and might be able to launch earlier.

Comment

LONG ENOUGH!!!???
                      Play on a huge map, with max civs. I played one, before they reduced the map sizes, and it took THREE 1/2 MONTHS!!
                      It was a GREAT game!

I reduced my map sizes after that one.

(Yes, I know its "off topic," just utilizing the pun potential of the thread title)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                        Play on a huge map, with max civs. I played one, before they reduced the map sizes, and it took THREE 1/2 MONTHS!!
                        I still have a game on Marla's Map that I haven't finished after all these months...still pull it out from time to time when I actually want to do something epic.

(Yes, I know its "off topic," just utilizing the pun potential of the thread title)
                        We'll forgive you...this time. j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred

There is plenty of time. While the end date is hard coded and may still be that way in PTW all you need to do is build enough workers and enough cities. If you don't have enough cities you won't have enough population producing money for tech. If you don't have workers you won't have enough shields for improvements.

Agreed. Lots of time. Just need the capabilities to do it all

Comment

They should include an option to create more turns .

Comment

I think the game is long enough.

The total time it takes me to finish a huge game (this if I played none stop) is about 12 hours. Usualy ending in a diplomatic victory.
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                              X