How to stop dumb movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop dumb movie?

I get so sick of seeing the dumb movie on the start of the game. Is there a dependable method of bypassing this movie? Hitting {ESC} sometimes work, but must be a timing issue, lately too many of the times, I have to wait for the #!*&%^ movie to complete.

Firaxis-- how about a preference setting to skip this promo movie?

Really? I have always found {Esc} to work. Now, once or twice I've ended up with a blank screen, and so I had to resatert my computer because whenever I tried to reset my resolution it would have an error, but for the most part it works fine.

Although, if you're getting sick of it, you might try renaming the intro-video file. This is what MS suggested for FS98.
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Just delete the file.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        Just delete the file.
        What's the name of the file?

PS, terrific thread on winning early. Keep up the good work.

It's not so much I hate the movie as I hate how long it takes to play.

Comment

Clicking the screen always gets rid of it for me.
          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Not once has escape not worked for me... I wonder what's up with your game.

Comment

I forget the filename; there's a thread on it somewhere in here.

Glad you liked the early game thread... people have posted some great stuff.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                Not once has escape not worked for me... I wonder what's up with your game.
                Maybe it's lint under key. I can try popping the key. It usually works if I time the ESC at the beginning of the movie, but if movie has started, I need to wait for it.

Comment

Re: How to stop dumb movie?

Originally posted by planetfall
                  I get so sick of seeing the dumb movie on the start of the game. Is there a dependable method of bypassing this movie? Hitting {ESC} sometimes work, but must be a timing issue, lately too many of the times, I have to wait for the #!*&%^ movie to complete.

Firaxis-- how about a preference setting to skip this promo movie?
                  Good Lord! What do you do? Launch the game, start watching the pretty screens and then think 'oh yeah, I seen this already, I want to play the game.' Just hit [Esc], [Enter] or [space] or click your mouse any time after the cursor returns to the black screen (i.e. the game is now in control) when the game is first launched, while the Infograms or Firaxis logo's are on screen or (I thought) anytime through the movie.
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                  "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                  Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

so if i delete the film, it won't bother loading it, and civ3 would start quicker?
                    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Yup.

Comment

I just click my mouse when it's starting to play the movie to skip it. Work every time.

Comment

One click of the "Enter" key the moment I hear the movie kills it off for me...but maybe deleting or, less drastically, renaming the movie so the program can't play it would be better...hmm...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Esc, Space, Enter/Return, Left-Click.
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

format and reinstall

Comment

Working...
                              X