Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroad / Magtube

Hi,
    after a ½-year break I have played again some SMAC, and now in my last game i notised that Magtubes are way to powewrfull.

Come on, infinite movement (at no cost) with magtube. (Or Railroad on Civ) I hope that this will disappear. (If the cost on road is 1/3, then maybe railroad could be 1/6 or something. Another possibility is to leave the infinite movement, but make it cost to have magtube / railroad. Lets say 1/3 gold per square per turn. I think one would quite fast rethink how much luxory one can afford.)

(In my last game I had about 20 formers with my small attackforce. The Formers built magtube from city to city and I only needed a few military units then.)

If this has been mentioned before, ups sorry. (I haven't seen it in that case / simply don't remember reading it)

Btw. is it any different in CTP?

Jeje2,
    If you didn't read the EC3 (Essential Civ3) list, take a look to the "Road and Railroad" section from the list:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000342.html#4

Comment

Zanzibar: THX!

Comment

Just a silly question: THX=thanks?

Of course, there is still a lot of space for new ideas about roads and rails (but only for good ones ).
        I'd like to see, for example, trade bonus for road connected cities. But, in this case, if X connected with Y, and Y conn. with Z, would you have trade bonus between X and Z?

Comment

Working...
        X