Hi can I get a hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi can I get a hand

My game crashes alot. I dont know why. I have a good comp. Its just the animations are slow. I can get up go out to the movies come back and still have the AI moving its units

sound familiar?

Not really.

Crashing? Bad install?

Hold down shift while the AI is moving. The animations are turned off.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Have you patched the game? Get the latest patch if you haven't.

Make sure you have Direct X 8.1. It works better than 8.0 or so I have been told.

Have you updated all your drivers? Good hardware still needs the latest drivers.

If any of this helps please say so. That way its easier to help others in the future.

If it doesn't help please give your system specs and a bit more detail. For instance you may be trying to play on some HUMONGOUS map. That will slow things down.

Comment

What kind of computer do you have?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

if its a mac then your screwed
          If at first you don't suceed, stuff it and play minesweeper for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred

Have you updated all your drivers? Good hardware still needs the latest drivers.
            Very, very important - make sure they are in order.
            "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Sounds more like a computer issue and not a game issue. I've tried Civ 3 on six computers and it's works fine
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

The game never crashed on me. That is until yesterday when I decided to install the game again and install the new patch. Now it crashes about every five turns. Very annoying!
                Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

found the culprit. Thanks people. I needed to update my video drivers.

I also had a low virtual memory setting ) now its alot faster.

Comment

I to have the same problem. It has only crashed once when I was playing for eight to ten hours overnight. But somethings you want to check is that you computer has access to all the free resources available meaning shuting down other programs that aren't before you start playing. i.e. any non vital program in the start-up task bar.

Updating the drivers is one thing but also make sure that you don't have any old programs or files that you don't need have been removed that will also free some space. And if the problem continues during game save the game and restart your computer.

that should help things run a little more smoothly.
                    There can be only one.

Comment

Working...
                    X