Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move over Japan and China..The new best civ will be:

Celts. OMG!

Religious, Militaristic. UU is 4/2/2 Swordsmen...WOW.

Yikes I know what Civ I'm playing as once I get PTW.lol.

It's a bit early to be sure what the Celt UU stats will be or what regular unit it will replace. I've seen the screenshots too, but remember that (as with the early screenshots released at E3) these screenshots are as often as not ginned up with the editor just to show a few different new things in PTW (rather than playing through the game looking for the "perfect" screenshot).

It's quite possible that the Celt UU will replace the new "medieval infantry" unit which might very well have ADM of 4.2.1.

Finally, the ADM stats are notoriously uncertain until release date - they play with them all the time in play-testing in an attempt to get the right play balance. Pretty interesting to look at the unit stats in the manual (in the reference section) - seems that I recall that a good 1/3 of them are different from the ADM stats in the actual game (and a lot of the later units were weakened quite a bit - earning the undying enmity of fans like Coracle and others, of course ).

Catt

Comment

just ask if the mods can close one of you threads.
      there are least 2 that are very similar.
      Just pm them.
      thanks
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

forum nazi

Comment

It'll be cool to have a european religious-militaristic civ tho. Regardless of what the special unit ends up being.

Comment

Originally posted by Artifex
            It'll be cool to have a european religious-militaristic civ tho. Regardless of what the special unit ends up being.
            I agree with you . But I still wouldn't get my hopes up. The manual also misidentifies the traits of various civs -- Romans listed as Mil - Ind (obviously not) and Chinese are listed as Ind - Sci. Even though I've played more than a few games with the Chinese, I still reflexively think of them as scientific when I'm playing against them (must have internalized the info when I read the manual).

Catt

Comment

Re: Move over Japan and China..The new best civ will be:

Originally posted by Artifex
              Celts. OMG!

Religious, Militaristic. UU is 4/2/2 Swordsmen...WOW.

Yikes I know what Civ I'm playing as once I get PTW.lol.
              I still think China is a much better civ. IMO, Industrious is better than Religious. How often do we need to switch government anyway? On the other hand, fast worker does come in handy in every turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Catt

Even though I've played more than a few games with the Chinese, I still reflexively think of them as scientific when I'm playing against them (must have internalized the info when I read the manual).
                Perhaps that's because the AI still uses them like a scientific civ. They didn't change the build preferences for the Chinese when they made them Militaristic instead of Scientific. So the Chinese AI builds scientific buildings ASAP, even though they are not cheaper. Also, unlike any other militaristic civ, the Chinese don't build many offensive units.

Comment

LOL, I just read rise of nations article and I got it confused with Play the World..LOL.

I was getting psyched I was like wow we are getting special units for each age..I didn't know that!!

I read Russians get t-34, then t-80 tanks and katayusha rockets..special abilities like russian winter and I was like WOW ..this IS gonna be an awesome upgrade!!!

LOL and it hit me this was an entirely different game..

and RTS (which I DESPISE)..

...pfffffffffffffffffffffffft...

Comment

they said they're reworking all the numbers. the swordsmen might be 4/2/1 for all you know
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh well 4/2/2 seems too powerful anyway. Thats basically a +2 advantage as opposed to a +1 for all other UU's so it's overpowered and should be changed in the spirit of play balance.

Comment

Working...
                      X