All you ever needed to know about FACTORIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshelr
    I take it that this means we can't reduce "global warming" much by cutting our own pollution.
    That's exactly why we need to go to war with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonsinger

Yes, that's one thing I don't like about Civ3 (not a complain, just a little dislike). Someone else in the world is pumping out a lot of pollution but my grassland is turning into desert. I would like it better if the tiles around the city that is responsible for pollution should be the first to go.
      Pollution doens't stop at a country'ss borders. That's the whole point

annoying, yes but it is realistic
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
        but I'd just like to share the news that in 2 of my last 6 or so games (other than AU games) my entire map (all random settings) had not one river on it (some fresh water lakes, but not many). In a 3rd game, the map had all of 2 rivers on it - not on my starting landmass, of course.

Catt
        I know what you saying, had this in my previous game too. 1 small (about 3 tiles) river in the whole wide world
        But does'nt this make hoover dam even more powerfull.
        In my case there was only one city that was actually able to build Hoover (since you need a river to build it). And it just happened to be in my new aqcuired territory
        Needless to say this was end of game, too powerfull!!
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848

I know what you saying, had this in my previous game too. 1 small (about 3 tiles) river in the whole wide world
          But does'nt this make hoover dam even more powerfull.
          In my case there was only one city that was actually able to build Hoover (since you need a river to build it). And it just happened to be in my new aqcuired territory
          Needless to say this was end of game, too powerfull!!
          We think alike. In my example (the third game), there were two AI cities that were able to build Hoover - I let one of them do so while I . . . uh . . . prepared to visit this charming wonder of the world. I then took that city (and the other cities on the continent, of course ). A GL-enabled palace relocation to that landmass ended the game for all practical purposes.

Comment

That's exactly why we need to go to war with them.
            Ah yes, the tearing down trees to make room for the tanks, butchering of the local animals to feed the troops, tearing up the grasslands from the massive amounts of vehicles and troops moving through, and the massive amounts of spilled blood, oil, and spent ammunition all in the name of ecology.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
              Pollution doens't stop at a country'ss borders. That's the whole point

annoying, yes but it is realistic
              That's true! Therefore, the city that causes massive pollution and its surrounding city should be turned into desert first.

Comment

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by Crostoneman Ah yes, the tearing down trees to make room for the tanks, butchering of the local animals to feed the troops, tearing up the grasslands from the massive amounts of vehicles and troops moving through, and the massive amounts of spilled blood, oil, and spent ammunition all in the name of ecology.
                The end does justify the mean.

Comment

That's true! Therefore, the city that causes massive pollution and its surrounding city should be turned into desert first.
                  Global Warming is just that, global. Since the primary cause of the hypothetical process is CO2 in the atmosphere its not a local effect. Other kinds of pollution can be fairly local but not CO2. That spreads around rather fast.

Actually the main cause of desertification is domesticated animal, particularly sheep and goats. If human herded animals eat too much of the local flora it tends to lower the amount of locally produced rain and it decreases the ability of the soil to absorb it where the plants USED to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X