auto upgrade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto upgrade ?

There is any way to auto upgrade all my 120 infantary to mech inf. or my tanks to armor ? upgrade one by one takes too much time & clicks
    regards
    Krakatoa

press shift/u to upgrade all units of that type that are located in barracks

Comment

holly sh*** !!!!!!!

Thank you vary much ... that one of the most sweet surprise in CIV3

Where did you find this shortcut ? There is some hidden manual or am I blind ?

thanks again
      regards
      Krakatoa

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
        I can't believe I didn't know about this before... maybe it's just because I've never read the manual.
        Anyway, you've just saved me an estimated 20 minutes per game. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Where did you find this shortcut ? There is some hidden manual or am I blind ?
          Actually, it's kind of a secret.

/me looks slowly around for witnesses.

We're very glad to be of service to you.

/me starts to draw a gun from his jacket.

But now that we've told you I'm afraid we have to kill you.

/me blows Krakatoa away.

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It was added in one of the patches. 1.21 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
              Slight correction: "...all units of that type that are located in" CONNECTED CITIES, not barracks. The cities in question have to have the relevant resource in their Strategic Resources Box in order to upgrade the relevant units on the city tile. But barracks are a good thing to have nonetheless.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                Slight correction: "...all units of that type that are located in" CONNECTED CITIES, not barracks. The cities in question have to have the relevant resource in their Strategic Resources Box in order to upgrade the relevant units on the city tile. But barracks are a good thing to have nonetheless.
                One more slight correction... "...all units of that type that are located in cities with barracks, connected to the necessary strategic resource(s)."

Comment

I stand half-corrected. I never noticed that before (obviously...). Thanx Vondrack.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It has always been there look on page 198 of the manual.
                    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                    3D Unit tutorial
                    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Originally posted by Level
                      It has always been there look on page 198 of the manual.

Not in mine. This was added with 1.17f and was fixed in 1.21 (because before you had to spend the time forting all the units).

A word of advise for people who are kinda new Civ3, the manuel and civiopedia are erroneus. The bulk of the patches were corrections in the civiliopedia.

Trust Poly for the real deal... or just Vel.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                        Not in mine. This was added with 1.17f and was fixed in 1.21 (because before you had to spend the time forting all the units).
                        Strange... it really is in my manual (page 198, as Level correctly states). Could it be that there was a different manual included in the tin box (Limited Edition), as opposed to the cardboard box?

Comment

Working...
                        X