National flags in civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National flags in civ3

As many writers are doing now. The changing of the graphics for the flags to that representing specific countries is now common.
    I think the effort should be kept up and used in civ3.
    All the nations should have their flags flying above their cities and units.
    Even the shields could be drawn to match the flags.
    Anyone agree/diagree ???
    Got any ideas to add???

Agreed.

- MKL
    - mkl

Comment

Great thinking - agreed!

------------------
      Greetings,
      Earthling7
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Absolutely! You should also be able to edit those flags and create new ones (for newly created tribes).

Comment

Absolutely! You should also be able to edit those flags and create new ones (for newly created tribes).

Comment

An editor could be built into the game. Somewhat like the current unit editor in FW.
            And as in the civilizations post the flags could also evolve.

Comment

Here's a site to help you all:
              http://www.fotw.net/flags/

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like the idea, but most nations have changed their flags quite a few times. Which flag are you going to go with?

The U.S. has added stars over time changing the flag. England became the United Kingdom and added crosses and the diagonals to represent each country in the British isles.

Also, when would flags start as a part of a country. I am not sure when flags were implemented but I do not remember Rome or Greece having flags. It seems like a Middle Ages addition to nations. But I may be wrong.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Sirotnikov:
                  Thanks, great site.
                  Do you know of any where we can get historical flags.
                  Like for the Romans, Huns, Phoenicians, Etc.?

Comment

Excellent idea.. I was thinking about it myself..

Like I said in another post, each civ should have its own directory.. something like c:\civs\Civs\Russians or something.. This way, each civ could have different unit graphics, and now different flags..

The flags could also change over time.. Perhaps with the change in epoch (ancient, medieval, industrial, modern, future) and also with the change in government types..
                    So the Russian flag could change to a Soviet flag if communists come to power..

------------------
                    -Shiva
                    Email: shiva@mailops.com
                    Web: http://www.crosswinds.net/india/~shiva

Comment

Just a quick history lesson England didn't become the United Kingdom. England is still a country in its own right as well as the other members of the UK. Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales.

The United Kingdom was formed in 1707 by the Union of Parliments between England and Scotland.

As for Flags it might be a n intersting idea

Comment

A very good idea indeed!
                        With this option, it's possible to have for example germans and French in the game at same time. As we all Civ-veterans know, they both used to have same colour in the Civ and Civ2.

Comment

Wonderful idea!
                          The idea of changig flags when there is different goverment is very good.
                          But...there is a little problem:
                          For example United States has never been a communist country, and France has never been Fasicistic. So the queston is where can we find flags, wich actualy do not exist?
                          Maybe imagination would help, what do you think?

And by the way, thanks to Sirotnikov for the
                          WWW-site

Comment

In Civ 2 Multiplayer Gold (or the fantastic worlds expansion) you could create your own flags using the scenario editor. This should simply be expanded to Civ 3 as an easy way to create flags for your game. The graphics should be upgraded a little, but I liked the format from fantastic worlds and think it would work well if used in Civ 3 as a standard option.

------------------
                            ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

Comment

good idea!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X