No announcement yet.

New Gameplay Mechanics in 1.29f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is btw one more thing I noticed that has been improved in 1.29.

Prior to 1.29 some civilizations never used their secondary color.
    So if I played with the Indians, for instance (and I almost always do), then the Iroques newer showed up in the game.

Since I almost always are playing the Indians, I have actually newer met Hiawatha until now when playing version 1.29 - almost a year after buying the game!!

Well, he seems like a nice guy, though, always smiling and stuff...

-S
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

Comment

I'm on 1.29f and Windows 98.

This is from AU 103. I, Tina, Tourist of England, have offered to negotiate a deal with that nasty, swarthy Italian man, Caesar.

First his side of the table:
      Attached Files
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

And now mine:
        Attached Files
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Theseus - you beat me to it! and after I broke my own rule to fire up the game at work to take some screenshots!

Alexman - Hippie Sam had long since passed out amid a pile of discarded candy wrappers, a half-eaten burrito, a knocked-over bong, and 4 empty beer bottles. Tourist Tina was flying solo at that point and was (regrettably) sober.

To repeat myself from an earlier post - things are getting weirder and weirder here. Half the posters argue that resources with a peace treaty always worked; the other half argue that resources with a treaty don't even work under 1.29f (or at least they've never seen it).

Below is a series of 6 screenshots, tracking the negotiating process with the evil Hammurabi (I reloaded the game for these shots - it is not how I actually played that turn).

Warning - AU 103 Spoiler Below

Number 1 of 6: Diplomatic Contact
          Attached Files

Comment

Number 2 of 6: Peace Treaty is the Only Option
            Attached Files

Comment

Number 3 of 6: With Peace, All is Possible
              Attached Files

Comment

Number 4 of 6: Peace Proposal with Resources
                Attached Files

Comment

Number 5 of 6: Peace in Our Time
                  Attached Files

Comment

Number 6 of 6: A Look at the Active Deals
                    Attached Files

Comment

WTF??!!! You offered him Rubber!!

(just kidding)

WTF??!!! What could possibly be going on here?

Catt, you used the 'normal' version of the BIC, right? Could that be it?

(sidenote: How do you save your screenshots?)

Comment

Yup - I used the standard game - only modification I know of / noticed is renaming Elizabeth as Tourist Tina and making the "We Love the Tourist" day change (and presumably the map edits alexman made).

I will PM you with the screenshot info.

Catt

Comment

Man O Man I wish I could do that. I have never been able to negotiate resources either - I shall keep a look out because being able to put resources on the table during peace negotiations would have to be the best thing since sliced bread!

Comment

Ok then, I've no idea.

If you dbl-clk on the greyed-out resource, your Foreign Advisor should be able to tell you why you cannot trade. Other than that, I'm stumped.

I do specifically remember in a 1.21f game, the Americans just up and declared war on me (Germans). Must've been to cancel some gpt deals 'cause they were behind in techs and I gave them a good wholoping. Pretty soon, Abe sued for peace. He offered Peace + silks (or something similar) and gpt. I was worried that he would declare war again to get out of it, but after the 20 turns, he renegotiated the Peace Treaty--I had to get the Silks on a separate deal.

I remember (at least I think I remember) always being able to put resources on the table during Peace Negotiations. At least I don't ever remember not being able to.

:Theme from Twighlight Zone:
                            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

ive never seen available resourses during peace talks, there always grey. maybe they always had embargos against me but ive played well over 100 games and have never seen it happen in my games

Comment

what about trade embargoes? The other civs may have signed trade embargoes against you whilst at war.

Comment

Working...
                                X