No announcement yet.

City view!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may have been more effective if the city view was in a window which appears at the completion of a building and the building is shown going from under construction to being built (animated quickly!). Of course this should be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
      i had forgotten the city ciew was even there, i havent gone there since the first month i had the game.
      its like colinies to me, every once in awhile you remember you can do something but when you do you remember its useless
      Couldn't agree more. I wish they had skipped the "city view" altogether" and focused whatever energy it took on something more useful to the game experience.

As for colonies, I finally use them! I've flagged tundra, desert and jungle as unable to build cities, and in my current game the AI and I are both relying heavily on colonies thanks to some rather large desert and tundra areas. And the jungles ensure that there are undeveloped areas well into the industrial period. Pretty cool. My only complaint is that forested tundra allows cities to be built. Grrrrrrrrrrr.... Maybe I'll flag forest as well for the next go round.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Slax
        It may have been more effective if the city view was in a window which appears at the completion of a building and the building is shown going from under construction to being built (animated quickly!). Of course this should be an option.
        Like they had in Civ1? I liked that, but it should be optional, otherwise this board will be flooded of complains...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

1. the city view is not important. who cares.
          2. eventhough it's not important, I WOULD actually like to watch at it is it would make sence

civ1 indeed reflected your actual city-size. civ2 didn't (it sucked big time) and neither does civ3, eventhough the civ3 one looks great. But hey, there are a few people living in those skyscrapers near the lake, but that's it.

THERE NEED TO BE MORE SKYSCRAPERS
          But I prefer it if you guys would work on the trade screen more though. (I mean the F3 one)
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Try Skyscraper MOD at apolyton.net Files section.

Comment

Working...
            X