No announcement yet.

Decidedly average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On your screenshot there was a French city and an Egyptian city on the NW corner of your continent. Guess that didn't last long.

Comment

no, actualy its still there! My culture war still isn't won! But my boarders are just next to the citys! And 3 knights are on their way to attack the french city! All my knights were gathering around the south east of my continent, so its taken a while to get some there!
      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Big map? How extensive is your road system?

Comment

Heres the new map, the black inky splodge is no longer black!
          Attached Files

Comment

The AsianEuropean (northern) continent apears to be very war torn.

Oh, and theirs alot more peace agreements now! But Japan made a few more wars!

Comment

The AsianEuropean (northern) continent apears to be very war torn.
              Seems the AI has created a real cultural desert there. If it's still like that when you research espionage, build your IA, plant some spies and buy yourself a piece of that rock!

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                Heres the new map, the black inky splodge is no longer black!
                Your long term rival may turn out to be the Chinese. You have consolidated your own island. The Chinese look as if they will consolidate their much larger continent. The other Civs are in equilibrium so that none will become very large, at least for a while. You probably can't have much influence on Chinese affairs, but you may want to try and isolate them diplomatically.

Comment

My advice: You already have a foothold on the continent just east of your primary holdings. Make a friend on that continent, and declare war on the others there. Divide up the spoils...with the territory gained, you'll be on par with China, or nearly so. If you need more turf, kill and absorb your ally and coast to victory, or if you're in a warmongering mood, use your newly conquered continent as a staging area in the modern age get yourself involved with a short war on China's continent, make peace at whatever price, rush an Airport, and spend the next twenty turns airlifting MA. Game.

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                    My advice: You already have a foothold on the continent just east of your primary holdings. Make a friend on that continent, and declare war on the others there. Divide up the spoils...with the territory gained, you'll be on par with China, or nearly so. If you need more turf, kill and absorb your ally and coast to victory, or if you're in a warmongering mood, use your newly conquered continent as a staging area in the modern age get yourself involved with a short war on China's continent, make peace at whatever price, rush an Airport, and spend the next twenty turns airlifting MA. Game.

-=Vel=-
                    Exactly. The middle kingdoms are divided. Keep them divided and they are yours.

Comment

Re: Decidedly average

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                      I'm playing on the second dificulty level, and it seems to be decidedly average to be at war with 3 people!
                      Oh, and back the reason i made this thread.
                      1, is it normal for every civ to be at war with at least 2 people, and on average 3!
                      Not before MPPs it isn't. Make some friends (give gifts). Don't let minor transgressions tick you off (let them cross your land - occasionally give in to the demand for gold 25 gold is a small price to avoid a war unless you can win it). Get trade agreements. Get a big enough military that they don't think you're a push over.

Once you go to war make it decisive. Get as many allies as you can afford and totally crush the enemy. Screw "ending will to fight", go for "ending ability to fight".

Once MPPs come into play, expect large World War I type conflicts. Think about when, if, and who before signing an MPP.
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Was taking a look at the map, and it looks almost like its got a geographical history!
                        From what i can see, the continent were all once one land mass! Take a look at my pictures, the arrows show how the land has split!
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's cool... I've never even considered it before. I wonder if map generation somehow takes that into consideration?
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Heres the possible techtonic plates! Blue lines the the destructive lines, these suck land in, the red ones push land out (and away).
                            Japans island could be on one of these, just like it is in real life!

Comment

sorry, pressed the post putton before i selected the file!
                              Attached Files

Comment

you have to note at how much you (or at least i have!) seen two land masses that look like a river, when the land on one side goes to the east, it does to on the other! But since these arn't actualy rivers, it looks like its where the land has split!

Comment

Working...
                                X