Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I like Civ3. I was a little slow on the Civ scene. I originally got a 'cracked' copy and started playing. After I had spent about 3 weeks playing, I decided to actually support the folks who wrote it and bought the game. (I only paid about $30 at WalMart, as it had been out for some time).

I think it's pretty good for a game. I certainly spend enough time playing it. I've gotten well over my $30 in entertainment value. Yes, it could be better, but compared to more than $30 that I've spent on other 'entertainment venues/endeavors', it's a bargain.

I plan on purchasing PtW as soon as it comes out. I'll save up the $$ and buy it, and I'll probably continue liking it well beyond the cost of that game too. I don't necessarily see it as a patch, rather a whole other game based upon the Civ3 foundation. Just from reading the press releases, etc., it looks like more of an expansion than Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (of which I purchased 3 copies).

I've certainly spent a lot more on a lot less. Civ3's fun/$ ratio is very high in my opinion. I look forward to continuing my experience.
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

in the words of Monty Python

GET ON WITH IT!

some people are stuck at scene 23 whereas scene 24 is so lovely....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
      X