I can't believe this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vmxa1
    I have to say that I would not mind a bit a tweak to the combat system.
    I can't resist misquoting someone else...

"As long as there is Civ, there will be Civvers begging for combat tweaks." (Misquoters note: You can steal it from me, I don't mind. You can even change the tweaks you're begging for.)

Seriously, I doubt we all ever be happy with absolutely everything about any version of Civ. This is probably especially true about combat. This thread is a good example of that.

There are those that want rushing to reign supreme, and those who would love to see that tactic die an unmourned "death".

And there are those who just like to tweak things and see what happens. Not tweaks aimed at a particular goal, such as preventing the rush from being overwhelmingly powerful, just more because we can.

And if we can't tweak it ourselves, we'll write doctoral thesis on why this tweak or that is really cool and should be patched in or included in the next version in hopes that someone is paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
      Hiya JT!

And out of curiosity (cos I never played the 'puter version), did they have all the classic SFB races represented? In the pen and paper game (I'm talking without getting any of the expansions), they had: Federation, Klingon, Kzinti, Lyran, Hydran, Romulan, Gorn, ISC, Wyn, Tholian. There were several expansions which added to this list, but my favorites were always Kzin (ferocious knife fighters) or Gorn (who can resist 100+ points of plasma!?), how 'bout you when you played?

-=Vel=-
      No Wyn, no Tholian.

I never played SFB itself. But SFC is a remarkable game. Don't buy SFC3, it is being dumbed down for the masses.

I remember one match in particular, flying a Klink D7C against an ace flathead in a CC and managing a draw after about an hour fifteen minutes. I think we both had only about two phasers left. I loved the sabre dance.

Comment

• I am not sure if you are saying I was using someones lines, I was too lazy to read a thread this big, but if I did I was not aware of it.

Comment

• Ohhh man yes! The Klingons rock too.....can't count them as my first choice cos the Kzin and all their freakin' drones really appeal to me, but there's nothing like getting the enemy in one of the three Klingon death zones (the point at which all their main and waist phasers are just on the leading edges of arc....OUCH!)

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
          X