Haven't seen this bug mentioned before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen this bug mentioned before

I'm playing with the last patch installed (Though I think the bug appears in all versions...)

Here's the thing:

I have a military alliance with the Indians against the Egypts (Most other Civs were at war with the Egypts). This agreement was going to expire in 7 turns. Almost all Civs liked me (Except for the Egypts of course ). Then Japan took over the last Egyptian city, the next turn, everybody hates me!?!

Did this happen, because the computer think I broke the treaty with the Indians? It might be! I (and proberbly you too) have seen many times, when talking to some other Civ, the adviser says something about this country have been at war with our friends (Don't remember the exact words), even though I was the one who destroyed most of that "friends" country...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Sometimes they say things like "We never forget the cheating you have performed on those" while I did never cheat anything on them.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

oh, and the advisor told me that they cheated on my friend the Iraqious.

While it was me who completed razed the iraqious civilization in 30 years with 200 tanks. They used to be a big 40 cities civilization. My friends ??
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

That looks like a serious issue. No wonder everyone always hates me.

Comment

Other civs dont like when you are party to the destruction of another civ. Especially one thats friendly to them.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
            Other civs dont like when you are party to the destruction of another civ. Especially one thats friendly to them.
            Then why did they love me as the war was going on?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
              Then why did they love me as the war was going on?
              The difference between a street fighter and a murderer, maybe?

Comment

Did you gain in power due to the war? A lot of power? Did you gain access to luxuries? Are you trading those luxuries to your annoyed former allies?

A jump in power will often sour the AI attitude toward you. I have noticed that many times. However, a lot of times a simply luxury trade (I sell them a lux at whatever they offer) will get them back to "polite" or "cautious"

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I wasn't the one who took the last city, the last city I took, was just a small town, and I only got a few cities (Egypt didn't have that many cities), so no power boost, and they didn't have luxuries...well, they did have some, but India took them (And now India is about to write their last chapter because they did that )

I wish I could sell the luxuries, I'm living on a small island (like everyone else), and the other don't have harbors, so trading is impossible...

Comment

Well, one thing is for sure: the Indians like you less because now you don't have an alliance against a common enemy. Whenever you have an alliance with someone, they like you better than they would otherwise. But it's temporary. As soon as the alliance expires (or otherwise stops, as in your case) the AI goes back to its "natural" attitude towards you.

The same was probably true, to a lesser extent, about the other civs that were fighting against the Egyptians without an actual alliance with you. Since you no longer have a common enemy, they have no reason to like you. You are strong, you are hated. (That's true in real life too. Ask the U.S.)

Comment

Ok...

Though after the war was finnished, the Indians liked me just as much (And we had no other things going, except the RoP, which I had with everyone)...

Comment

Working...
                      X