Portugese
    Roman
    Russian
    Sioux
    Spanish
    Turk
    Viking
    Zulu

Actually I'd do a little more research before making those statements. Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, etc. are Indian CIV cities. They are simply located in Pakistan. India was once a territory consisting of present day India, Pakistan, a part of China, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka. The nations broke in the mid 1900s (1950s) When Muslims created Pakistan to the west and India was created in the south east. The other nations later splintered off. If you are looking at the Indians as a Civilization then those city names are correct. I think Ghandi is more widley recognized as the Indian political leader even though he is not neccessarily the first or most important.

------------------
    ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

Comment

P.S. We're going 2 need a bigass map!

Comment

Add, perhaps,:-

Teutons
        Byzantines (if Romans are absent)
        Minoans
        Hitittes
        Polynesians (?)

Also, at the beginning of the game, we should be able to choose which epoch to start in.. There should be one HUGE pool of civs and the program decides which civs should be included in which epoch..

------------------
        -Shiva
        Email: shiva@mailops.com
        Web: http://www.crosswinds.net/india/~shiva

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot..

For the male leader of the Indians, it should be Jawaharlal Nehru, not Mahatma Gandhi..

Gandhi was not a political leader.. Nehru was India's first Prime Minister and was PM for a long time..

Also, the city names for the Indians are all wrong.. Ganges is a river, Bengal and punjab are states, Karachi, Lahore and Dacca (Dhaka) are not in India..

Firaxis could mail me and I can send them an accurate list of Indian cities, in proper order of importance..

------------------
          -Shiva

Comment

i hope they include the koreans...... they precede many of the civilization on the list(5000 years of history)

Comment

When we start a new game, we should be allowed to choose which epoch we want to start in.. Prehistoric (default), Ancient, Medieval, Industrial, Modern..

The units/techs and civs should all reflect this choice...
              Perhaps there should be this HUGE database of about 50 civs, with leaders for all these epochs.. I also feel that the leaders should change with time.. It's funny negotiating with Lenin in 1500 BC.
              Maybe the leaders could also change with different govt. types.. We could negotiate with Lenin and communist Russia, or Ivan and despotic Russia, and Yeltsin and democratic Russia.

Also, there should be a third term given to describe Civs, apart from just Russians and Russian, for example, there should also be a country name.. Then when we negotiate, we would negotiate with Russia, not the Russians. We could ally to fight with Russia, not the Russians. Similarly for the other civs..

PS. Russia was the first civ that came to minds, nothing special for choosing it...

------------------
              -Shiva

Comment

Yes of course, but Ukranian/Finish are also
                then if these then scandinavians?

ur!
                If Byzantines at when Rome Split, We need North and South Egypt!

Comment

Add the Polish to that list

Comment

you can add the:
                    hitties
                    kush (you know, the nation mentioned in the bible, now is ethiopia or something)
                    pleshet (i'm not sure how to translate them to english, maybe harel can help me with that? the people that were always fighting with the hebrews? invading from the sea?)
                    Medians
                    Amalek

what indians do you mean? from america or hindus?

Comment

I'm afraid this is a topic of debate where people are never going to be appeased. History is enough of a mess as it is without us trying to re-create it in the process. The answer is simply to let people name as many civs as they like in their game, be they your civ, or your enemy's. The rest is going to come down to who they least want to offend, and geographical limitations.

- MKL
                      - mkl

Comment

Like I said, we should have this huge database, and with the ability to (with some program supplied with the game) be able to delete/modify civs and also download, complete with sound/music/graphics, new civs from the net... There could be a civ creation tool or something available..

But what do you'll think about the leaders changing with time and with governments?

------------------
                        -Shiva

Comment

It could work ok in modern times, but what about before then? How much influence are the 'leaders' going to have when the turns are still 5 or 20 years each? Perhaps before then the leaders could represent dynasties rather than individuals.

- What do you see the influences of the leaders being?
                          - In what ways do we have control over what effect the leaders will have when they're in power?
                          - In what ways can we shape who might next rise to power?
                          - Are you thinking of linking leaders to civs or governments or neither?

A lot of questions, I know, but the topic is rather open at the moment.

- MKL
                          [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited April 04, 2000).]
                          - mkl

Comment

What I originally thought was that the changing leaders would be just superficial, to add a little more realism.. It's just a minor detail, but the minor details MUST be taken into account, not just the major stuff..

But we could perhaps have leader personalities, but that might get a little complex.. Specially thinking about personalities for each leader for all civs!

------------------
                            -Shiva

Comment

How about this:
                              Each civ has 6 leaders, 3 for ancient and 3 for modern.
                              Each of the 3 leaders in each time period represent 3 different ideals and personalities, eg. Communist, Democratic and Fascist. Obviously these leaders would be based on ones from history.
                              In a democratic government, these change with people's views. But in a dictatorship, the leader stays the same until the time period changes or there is some kind of revolution.
                              These leaders influence everything within that civilization, and represent the civs views at that time.
                              Of course you don't have leaders in the civ you're playing as.
                              btw, Sir Shiva, I reckon downloading civs would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X