Upgrading Armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Armies

I've tried it often...yet I never had any result. Is it at all humanly possible to upgrade units in an army without disbanding that army?
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

unfortunately, it was deemed that upgrading units in an army was unbalancing, therefore you cant do it.

Comment

I remember that I read some sneaky way of doing it, but maybe that was patched?
      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
        I remember that I read some sneaky way of doing it, but maybe that was patched?
        I think you could use the 'j' key to pull units out of armies and upgrade them. Caused some graphical bugs, but otherwise worked fine. It was "fixed" in 1.21, though.

Comment

Yeah it was probably that..
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Ahhhhhh well. Alas.
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,
            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Just another reason not to waste time building armies, at least not until the Modern era when they come easier.

Comment

Only build an army when you intend to use it soon indeed. But old-fashioned armies are still usefull for suicide attacks. They might not be victorious, but they will always damage the enemy.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                  Just another reason not to waste time building armies, at least not until the Modern era when they come easier.
                  Except for the fact that you need to have a victorious army in order to build many of the small wonders. Thus the need to have at least one army.

Comment

I almost never wast time with armies; when I get a GL I use it to rush a wonder.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

usually i end up building as many armies as i can and leave them empty untill i get tanks. no point in building a army that wont make it to the end of the game

Comment

I usually don't make an army until I can put Knight-level units in it. 12+ hp of Rider or Samurai... those are powerful. So are Cavalry armies. I try to stock them with units that have already generated leaders, so I'm not wasting a potential leader-creator.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                        X