Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which opponants do you pick when you set up a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I hear some creep refer to France as a dominant CIv?

LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
      Did I hear some creep refer to France as a dominant CIv?

LMAO!

Of the 16 available, Babylon, Iroquois, Aztecs, Romans don't exist anymore, the rest aren't very dominant, so France almost has to squeek in at #8.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

sometimes i set up an "ancient civs game", picking rome, greece, egypt, persia, babylon, china and india.
        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Moonsinger
          I have always chosen "random" so far.
          I have always chosen "all" so far.
          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I play with all civs.

But I prefer playing against Germany, France, England, Greece, Egypt, and Persians.... since I play as Rome all the time.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

After I've picked the civ I'll play as and map size (huge, always huge), I select six other civs that are different from my civ and each other ethnically. That means the Chinese OR Japanese plus the Greeks OR Romans OR other white race plus the Babylonians OR Persians OR Egyptians and so on. The Zulus are present in all of such games (sigh...). One game had me as the Greeks with the Zulus as neighbors to the east. For centuries they gave free, uninhibited passage for ALL the other civs (all fifteen on Pangea) through their territory to attack my lands, never once declaring war against me themselves. Wiped them out, only to have the Chinese further east and Romans to the north do the same. That game was painful...and no, never finished (endgame slowdown, 'nuf said).
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I usually play Random, but if I'm picking civs I will omit the Expansionist civs. I want the goody huts, dammit!

Where my choice is more restricted, I prefer to play against non-expansionist ancient-era civs (Babylon, Egypt, Rome, China, Greece, etc.) I prefer my opponents in 4000 BC to be civs that actually started around that time.
                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Of the 16 available, Babylon, Iroquois, Aztecs, Romans don't exist anymore, the rest aren't very dominant, so France almost has to squeek in at #8.
                  Of those four civs, only the Inoquois don't exist as a nation anymore, the others have just gone through name changes. (Babylon = Iraq, Aztecs = Mexico, & Romans = Italy)
                  Know your enemies!
                  "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

I am a perfectionist builder that's why I tend to choose the more peaceful civs like India and France. That's why a lot of times I do not negage in war until I have MA!

So long..
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Most of my free games are standard, 7 random AI civs, cultural links on. I remember a time, where I still had enough time to spare to play on huge maps, but these are over. But I admit, thematical games are also fun, like "ancient" games with Rome, Greece, Egypt, Persia, Babylon, Zululand, India and China, or "modern games" with England, France, Germany, Russia, America, India, China and Africa (Zululand). Or the colonization of America, on a pangea with the Iroquois, Aztecs, English, French and Germans (representing the "other Europeans" like Dutch, Spaniards and Germans themselves. Where's PTW? And where are the Dutch in PTW? ).

Comment

I always play on a huge world with 16 civs.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

In all the games I play, I always choose random (for about everything: My own Civ, the world and the enemies)

I hope they (Read: Firaxis) one day makes it possible to choose random color, I'm tired the same Civs are always the same color...I love random, everything should be possible to make random...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Lately I've been playing on Arne's Europe map, and using Gramphos' placement tool to put Civs in their proper locations. So I play against the European civs (England, France, Russia, Germany, Rome as Italy) along with someone in the MidEast (like the Persians or Egyptians).
                            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Most of my games are Large Continental, 7 random civs, and I'm the Persians. Culturally linked starts ON. Unfortunately, that usually means I'm against the Zulu .

I also like to play as the Germans or Russians, and sometimes the Greeks too.

Too bad when the expansion comes out we won't be able to say "I like playing with American civs, with Aztecs, Americans, Iroquis, and Inca"
                              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I nearly always have Gahndi & Joan in. Hammy was in this category, but he irritates me now. Generally I set all the other Civs to random. But, sometimes I have Abe & Bissy in just to kick their butts.

I tend to go Egyptians now, adopted them as my 'home' Civ since they decided to remove Europe's oldest, & first great civilization- the Celts!
                                -Sir T

Comment

Working...
                                X