Why is it so easy....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so easy....?

I have found that it is way to often that a nation declares war on another, and for the stupidest reasons! Just because CivA doesn't give CivB a small tribute doesn't mean that a war will break out. Usually wars are based on trade and religion, not money. Maybe the advent of certain weapons should also play into effect with the war scenario. For example...

In the beginning when man is illiterate and barbaric wars are frequent and long lasting. After an advance like literacy the AI declares war only with provocation. After gunpowder the AI needs much more provocation, followed by mobile warfare, and finally ending with a strong decrease in the declarations of war after the advent of Nuclear Weapons. It also seems that the AI is rather quick to use Nuclear Missiles. In 50 years of our history they have only been used once (ok twice if you wanna be specific) The AI uses them as if they are just another weapon. I think the use of Nuclear missiles should have a penalty or at least be programmed as a last resort for the AI. Any ideas on this?

------------------
    ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

I agree completely that there should be more reasons for going to war than just not getting some tribute. But I don't think that some advances should make the AI go to war more unfrequently. Something else has to be done. However, I am not sure how this should work.

For the nuke thing I agree to some extend. I think nukes should be much cheaper, and that it should be possible to truly have a threat of destruction of both sides, if they both had nukes. This should make the AI less likely to use nukes. The UN could also give some trade penalties if a civ used a nuke.
    "It is not enough to be alive. Sunshine, freedom and a little flower you have got to have."
    - Hans Christian Andersen

GGS Website

Comment

I think nukes should have an automatic retaliation feature. So You get hit by one
      u have the option to launch a counter strike up to how many missles that u hold in your inventory(this should also include nukes that are scheduled for completion to avoid the i move first so i can nuke u without retaliation possibility). This would be to simulate the reaction times that you would have when facing a nuclear attack. This should cause anyone to think twice before launching an attack. also polution from fallout should be different than regular polution. Either make it realy hard to clean up or impossible to. SDI defensive system in a city should only give u a 50/50 chance of surviving a nuclear strike. Land units shouldnt block the passage of air units. Also. If a certain number of nukes go
      off over land, then it should trigger nuclear
      winter. And nuclear winter should be very very nasty.

Comment

I agree about the nukes… The AI does use it just like any other weapon, which isn't right!!
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I think that you should have more technological warfare. Like hacking into the other Civs computers (if they have them). I had some good ideas earlier but now I have forgotten them. Damn TV, ruining my short term memory.

------------------
          Buddha said, "What isn't enlightenment?"
          Buddha said, "What isn't enlightenment?"

Comment

the thing with nukes and the ai... is that by the time they get them you should have sdi..... so its moot.

However they are used unrealistically in civ2.... especially if the french or Indians get them

MAD is a good idea in theory, but getting hit with one nuke, do you really want to send off 10 of yours or have your allies nuke your opponent as well, too much pollution, which i still say should leave one or two squares of permanent pollution to discourage this usage of weapons
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
            X