Splinter Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Civ

In CivII, whenever a civ is destroyed, it is supposed that a new civ will spring up somewhere, but the new civ never grow to compete to the 'original' civs.

To give them a chance, many argue that they should be given more for upstart.

IMO, they should get at least a dozen(yes, a dozen!) of miscellaneous military units, including catapults, 5-6 settlers, a bunch of dip plus a handsome amount of money(I suggest 5000). Technologically, they should be given an average no. of advances.
    To make thing more interesting, why not give them trieme/caravel/galleon?

It would be cool when you destroy a civ, you find yourself invaded by a new civ, landing from the coast with a full army, and no hints at all.

Well, we already know there will be minor nations/civs, so I´m not sure there will be a "I destroy a civ and another one pops up" kind of thing. Maybe more something like an established minor civ gets promoted to a CIV status or someting.
    Will it have to work with the resources it already has? Hmm, I think maybe one could simulate an influx of knowledge/units from a dying civ to a nearby minor one.

Comment

Some sort of emmigration model could help with this. An influx of citizens fleeing a warzone to go to another desirable (and hopefully realtively small) civ. Doberman - you're right. Minor nations will help and civs won't just be 'appearing'. They'll evolve from other civs, minor and major.

I think we can be relatively confident that this will be handled better. Particularly if 'Rise and fall of civs' is heeded.

- MKL
      - mkl

Comment

Working...
      X