No announcement yet.

I never make it to late industrial/Modern age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the things that annoy me the most is the fact that you need a specific combination of settings to achieve a regular pace in regards to tech development.

What I mean is: when you're playing on Chieftain, tech breakthroughs are very slow (the AI has penalties) and you frequently end the game without getting to the modern age. On Regent and above, tech development is very fast, and you have tanks and space techs in 1500 AD or even 1000 AD.

In order to find a suitable tech pace that roughly matches the historical eras, you have to fine tune a lot of variables, such as map size, difficulty level, number of opponents, geography etc.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I'd say one of every 5 games makes it past this stage, for me at least

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
        You could try playing on a bigger map like large...
        I had the same problem regarding never getting to the modern age. I took your suggestion and tried a bigger map....

I finally got to see the tanks and other choices...system locked up. Opened a save file and it ended up locking at exactly the same point in the game.

It seems that my system is underpowered....
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

That's a real bummer! Unfortunately, I can relate to that. It's very frustrating.

Just start another game and try to forget the last one.
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X