I never make it to late industrial/Modern age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never make it to late industrial/Modern age

If I win the game it is with knights and cavelry it is over. I would like to make it to tanks or modern tanks. I dunno, maybe this is how the game plays. I guess I could sit back and not attack and wait it out, but it seems in a game you should win as soon as you can.

I assume huge maps would make it to modern age but I can't imagine how long that would take to play and the tedium of moving hundreds upon hundreds of workers...that is just scary. I dunno I wish the ancient and medieval age were a bit shorter so I could play with tanks and planes some.. I never have even got to see a tank. I play on monarch btw..if i move up to emperor or diety I think the ai cheating would be so bad as to make the gameplay ludicrous...I dunno. *shrug*

The AI doesn't cheat more on emperor or deity, he just gets a few extra units to start with.
    Oh yeah, euhm, and some production bonusses
    but that's more or less it

btw: wy shouldn't you move up, monarch is obvious way to easy for you

up, up, up the ziggary squat for you myladio
    (or something like that )
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

"Oh yeah, euhm, and some production bonusses"

Yes I am sure the bonuses are pretty tame.

I guess you can forget about wonders on emperor and diety.

Comment

ancient age, mostly yes (usually you will need a GL, not always though)

well, that's why it's just a bit more difficult on emperor then on monarch
        call it FUN, that 'll help
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Maybe you should use the editor to speed up the tech rate. That way by the time you build up a sizable army, you will be in a later era than you would otherwise.
          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I was thinking about that john.

Comment

Artifex, you just need to be more of a builder!
              Remember, it isn't the "quantity" of games, it's the "quality". You do NOT need that many workers (I don't automate workers either).

And I should try (as in REALLY FOCUS) on being brave and being a berserker before the middle ages. I have only had 2 domination or cultural victories, and usually mix it up with modern armor.

Comment

Problem=I never make it to late industrial/Modern age

Solution=Post 1.29 Scenarios

I'm having fun with them
                "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

You could try playing on a bigger map like large...
                  Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

I guess you can forget about wonders on emperor and diety.
                    I usually manage to build on or two ancient age wonders.
                    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I usually build one settler with my first city and that's it. From then on that city only builds improvements and wonders. It can usually get 1 to 4 ancient wonders on diety depending on the production available.

Comment

I have the same problem too, but I play on warlord. I'm a pansey. I think going to regent or something might quicken it. Heh, on my first game I got to the year 2035 and had just discovered knights
                        IT is certainly praiseworthy to try to make clear to oneself as far as possible the sense one associates with a word. But here we must not forget that not everything can be defined. -Gottlob Frege

Comment

Yes, Yit, someone commented in an another thread that at lower levels, tech progresses slower, because the AI produces it at a penalty. In a typical game at Regent level or above, most technology is usually obtained by trading with other civs, even if your science rate is at 100%. Presumably, tech progresses even faster at the highest levels, because of AI bonuses. On those levels, you will probably be able to get a tech earlier, and possibly cheaper, as early availability of the tech among the AI should bring the price down. But you may trail behind the AI in tech development; keeping up will definitely require a lot of trading, as opposed to developing techs on your own.
                          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I saw a game on diety, where the civ were in the modern age by 1000 a.d The guy playing it (sulla, from civfanatics) figured our that at that rate, the AI got a new tech something like every 2.93 turns. I am sure if the game was on a lower difficulty, itn wouldnt have moved nearly as fast.

Comment

Hey Artifex, when you get to the modern age, you'll just find it dissapointing. So be sure that you use my Space Race Mod v4 (click link in my signature).
                              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                              X