Implementing some ideas from Koei's Genghis Khan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing some ideas from Koei's Genghis Khan

Dince the thread "One big bundle o' ideas" didn't gain much attention, I'm breaking it to smaller pieces.

How about incorporating some pieces of Koei's Genghis Khan series into Civ3? Mainly I was thinking about dynastial system and the idea of "Action Points".

Dynastial system is easy. You have a wife. You get kids. Princes can be generals and ultimately one of them will be your successor. Princesses can be wed to foreign kings. Marrying princess of another king would improve your relations with them, but it also means that king has an "agent" in your court, and if your relations get worse, your wife may cause some mischief to you. If there is no princess in sight, you can marry a noble from your lands, this doesn't cause anything special save that now you'd have a wife.

Also, the Action Points. You'd have, say, 100 action points in beginning of turn (when you get older, this number slowly diminishes.) Whenever you issue an command to city or unit, it takes away small amount of action points that turn. Farther away the city is from you (either symbolized by your capital or you as unit, making it possible for you to command large armies yourself) more points it does cost, so large empires would be hard to manage without governors - in the beginning, at least. You could of course give very complicated orders to units such as "Conquer cities of Paris and Orleans, after that negotiate for peace, withdraw if strenght of stack drops to half" - this way you can concentrate on more important issues.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Yes, a great idea. I love the KOEI commanders, and even (if graphically improved) the combat system.
    Don't like the trade system. If you get a Chinese merchant and anyone else, your set (buy Silk. Sell for big profit.)

I love the dynasties, but what would happen in a democracy? Do you pick next party candidate?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
    X