? about UN voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about UN voting

How does the AI determine who the nations get to vote on?

I recently played a game with 7 civs, I built the UN. I wanted to see how the voting works, so i said yes to the vote. The options were:

Abstain
    Montezuma (me)
    Caesar

And thats it. Why weren't the other civs displayed as options? Or is it just because I vote last and everybody else besides the two of us already voted for me. (which was the result it showed me after i voted. 6 for me, and caesar voted for himself)?????

rtfm.
    What an ugly city. Lets burn it down and build a magnificent forest.

Comment

It is normally the top 2 civs, though sometimes three. The other civs vote as to the degree they like you vs the other candidate.
      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I don't think its spelled out clearly in the manual (but I could be misremembering; if I am, then by all means rtfm ).

The civ that builds the UN is always a candidate. IIRC, any other civ that controls at least 25% of the world's territory or population is also a candidate - if no other civ meets the 25% threshold, then the most powerful civ (other than the one who built the UN) is the second candidate.

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Sargoth
          rtfm.
          Sush... no need to be harsh. This information is sort of hidden in the civilopaedia only (it is not even listed in the printed manual, only in the strategy guide).

Originally posted by Catt
          The civ that builds the UN is always a candidate. IIRC, any other civ that controls at least 25% of the world's territory or population is also a candidate - if no other civ meets the 25% threshold, then the most powerful civ (other than the one who built the UN) is the second candidate.

Catt
          You've got it almost right Catt. It's like this... EVERY civ that fits AT LEAST ONE of the following conditions will have its leader as a candidate:

1) has built the UN wonder
          2) controls at least 25% of the world's territory
          3) controls at least 25% of the world's population

If there is only one civ eligible according to these conditions, than the civ coming second IN POPULATION will have its leader as the second candidate.

Comment

If the ai builds the UN do they ever call votes? I've never seen the ai calls votes when they've built the UN?

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=
              If the ai builds the UN do they ever call votes? I've never seen the ai calls votes when they've built the UN?
              Yep, they do...

I lost a game I considered almost a sure victory to such a sudden-death incident...

Comment

Yes, happens if you don't waste a decent city to prebuild the UN just so you can control the vote. The UN is, in this light, the only must have great wonder.
                Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

one game after i reformatted / reinstalled i forgot to change the victory conditions, and i lost a diplomatic victory without even knowing i could have.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                  X