• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    the name sells. they're counting on it.

I PROPOSE "DAN MAGAHA'S CIV3"
    woohooo! i would buy that

seriously though...its all a marketing ploy. a bunch of crap though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      Pop quiz:

What was the last game Sid Meier released that did not have his name in the title?
      Pirates? Anyway it would be dumb NOT to add his name to the title as it is well known and probably increases sales quite a bit.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

In theory, this is correct. BUT like others have said this is a business. They have to try for name recognition just like in the movies to sell more product because after all they're in it to make cash. For example, you don't see TERMINATOR 2 you see ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in TERMINATOR 2 because they know more people will go see the movie if they attach the big name to the title. It's all marketing. TERMINATOR 2 makes cash but SCHWARZENEGGER in TERMINATOR 2 makes big time CASH.

So...although it would be nice to have everybody's name on the box or just call it Civilization 3 so no one gets singled out I understand why this is done and I don't have a major problem with it.
        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
          In theory, this is correct. BUT like others have said this is a business. They have to try for name recognition just like in the movies to sell more product because after all they're in it to make cash. For example, you don't see TERMINATOR 2 you see ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in TERMINATOR 2 because they know more people will go see the movie if they attach the big name to the title. It's all marketing. TERMINATOR 2 makes cash but SCHWARZENEGGER in TERMINATOR 2 makes big time CASH.
          Capitalism...
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by FuFu15

stupidest thread of the day.
            ok, shut the **** up.

the only three threads ive seen you post you are complaing about how stupid the thread is. dont you have anything interesting to say?

on a side note: dan Dan DAN DAN DAN!!!
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

All that talk about selling...

i've never seen "John Carmack's: Quake"

...and I bet that name sells more.

It just looks stupid, wanting your name so bad on a box

Comment

I knwo waht quake is.

I ahve no idea who is John Carmack.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L
                  All that talk about selling...

i've never seen "John Carmack's: Quake"

...and I bet that name sells more.

It just looks stupid, wanting your name so bad on a box
                  Who? I honestly have never heard of this person. Isn't he the lead singer from that 70s band ACE?
                  "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                  "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
                    Who? I honestly have never heard of this person. Isn't he the lead singer from that 70s band ACE?
                    I think he's the guy who did Quake (just a theory).
                    I have never heard of him either.
                    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wille

Pirates? Anyway it would be dumb NOT to add his name to the title as it is well known and probably increases sales quite a bit.
                      Sorry, but you are incorrect; that was "Sid Meier's Pirates". The box art:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                      X