CIV3PEEK (CTyson) & Amazons (BlueO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV3PEEK (CTyson) & Amazons (BlueO)

Hello to everybody, I'm new on the forum ans I have already 2 questions.

1. Does somebody tried CIV3PEEK with the patches 1,21 or 1,29 ? I've already tried on 1,21 and it doesn't work, why? Ctyson do you think you'll upgrade your utility ?

2. I've unzipped the Amazons in the ART dir and several subdirs and nothing happens in CIV3 : nothing in CIVILOPEDIA or in production screen. Did I missed something ?

Thanks for your help

G

For the units you need to add them in the editor.
    First if they have a unit_32.pcx cut and paste it in to the unit_32.pcx in the ART/Units folder using a drawing program.
    In the editor turn on custom rules in the Scenario menu (I think), then edit rules and go to the units tab then add the unit change the stats to what you want and set the icon to the one you added.

For Civilopedia you need to add an entry in Civilopedia text file.

Civ3MultiTool can help with both, it can add the unit for you and it has a Civilopedia editor.
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Re: CIV3PEEK (CTyson) & Amazons (BlueO)

Originally posted by goldencondor
      2. I've unzipped the Amazons in the ART dir and several subdirs and nothing happens in CIV3 :
      I think you're supposed to unzip them into the "Civilization III" directory not the "Art" directory.
      Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; July 31, 2002, 17:00.

Comment

Re: Re: CIV3PEEK (CTyson) & Amazons (BlueO)

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I think you're supposed to unzip them into the "Civilization III" directory not he "Art" directory.
        It is the Civilization III/Art/Units directory.
        3D Unit tutorial

Comment

(Downloaded one of the zips to see what its zip path was)

Aha! I was wrong you need to unzip them into the directory that the "Civilization III" folder is in, most commonly the "Infogrames Interactive" folder!

If you unzip them into the "Civilization III", "Art", or "Units" folder you will have to move the files because they will have installed themselves into the wrong place.

Comment

tkanks to Level and GhengisFarb

Hi from B,

Thank you for your answers. I'll try CIV3MultiTool and by the way I'm beginning to understand the use of the CIV3MOD editor. I said in ART dir because my main dir is called CIV3 thus I can't unzip directly with the same path. Since my last post I've downloaded the rest of info from Amazon series including the amzonmod and I'll try to edit it to understand how it works.

How do you put the little icon in front of your alias ?

Do you use ou ever used CIV3peek ?

Hope to read you soon.

G

Comment

If I don't have the same path I just drag from WinZip to the folder it would go in.

Click control panel at the top of the screen then click Edit Options then at the bottom of the screen click Change avatar.

CIV3peek, that is a map reveler right? It has not been updated for a while.
              3D Unit tutorial

Comment

thanks Level

Hello Level,

As you can see I understood your message and used it.

Yes Civ3Peek in a spy application to see what happens with other civs. CTyson posted it end last year and since then no more news. Do you know another program like that for patch21 or patch29. This weekend i'll implement patch 29.

see you

G

Comment

Working...
                X