Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about Military Academy. I can't create an army after I built it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Military Academy. I can't create an army after I built it.

It says prereq is a victorious army. I rushed the academy. It is in my city with 3 cavalry. But there is no option to create army.

What am I missing? DO you need to have a victorious army after you build the acedemy too? I already had a victorious army in ancient era, I was just wondering why I can't make an army in this city?

Re: Confused about Military Academy. I can't create an army after I built it.

Originally posted by Artifex
    It says prereq is a victorious army. I rushed the academy. It is in my city with 3 cavalry. But there is no option to create army.

What am I missing? DO you need to have a victorious army after you build the acedemy too? I already had a victorious army in ancient era, I was just wondering why I can't make an army in this city?
    You can only have one army for every four cities, I believe. How many do you have?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I have no armies and about 60 cities...

Comment

I have no armies and about 60 cities...
        Post .SAV please?
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Is it not in the build menu?

Comment

I lost my rulebook. So I don't know how it works. I assumed that you just move 3 units into the city with the academy and load them and you have an army. Kinda like loading onto a ship *shrug*

I just checked and army is on the build que. But says 200 turns? I didn't know you had to build them and they cost a ton of shields? So I should have placed an acedemy in a high production / low corruption city if that is the case.. I rushed it in a small city to use up the leader cuz I am in a war and wanted to try to generate some more.

Please explain to me exactly the process of building armies once you have an academy. Thanks.

Comment

I am thinking this is the perfect scenerio to go back to an auto save..although I do that only in emergencies (which this looks to be).

Comment

Don't worry - I won't tell anyone

In this case an army is like a unit. Build it, load it with units and head for the front.

Your initial assumption is what CTP2 does. In my opinion a much better system!

Comment

Sounds like there is some confusion here about how building armies works. As YC4B4U says, you have to select it in the build queue (in your military academy city), and then spend a few hundred shield building an army unit. When that is done, you can load your cavalry into the army just like you would load them into a leader-created army.

Comment

Originally posted by vulture
                    Sounds like there is some confusion here about how building armies works. As YC4B4U says, you have to select it in the build queue (in your military academy city), and then spend a few hundred shield building an army unit. When that is done, you can load your cavalry into the army just like you would load them into a leader-created army.
                    And that is why the Mil Academy is useless. The 200 shields (plus the cost of building the Mil Academy in the first place) are better spent on units directly.

Comment

Yes Now that I think about it..I would have been better to rush magellens expidition, since I am getting ready to build a huge navy for an invasion armada for the other continent. Prob would been better just to build the units directly.

I guess armies aren't as useful as I had assumed they would be.

Comment

When you build the Military Academy in a low-corruption megaproducing city that can churn out an army in 4 turns, you'll think they're the sweetest thing ...

The best city to build it in is a city that has one of the highest production values, and that can be easily defended.
                        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Or you could reduce the cost of the Army unit in the editor.

Comment

I reduced the cost to 30 shields - I've found the AI actually build them now.
                            Up the Irons!
                            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                            Odysseus and the March of Time
                            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Please explain to me exactly the process of building armies once you have an academy. Thanks.
                              Simple. As you've already noticed, you build the main Army just like a regular unit. Once it's done move it, or not, to where ever you want to, and move some units to the same square. Then when their turn to perform an action comes up, just press the "L" key on your keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X