Happiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vondrack
    Yet another fine effect of WLTKD is a (highly?) reduced pollution.
    [...]
    I couldn't believe it was just a coincidence, WLTKD must affect pollution levels, too...
    I don't buy it. First of all, it makes no sense (I could see the opposite: that pollution would make people unhappy, but I don't believe the game does that either). Second of all, I've had similar situations (going into and/or out of WLTKD's), and I saw no affect on pollution. I think it was a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
      WLTKD reduces shield wastage by 25%. Without WLTKD in your first screen shot, you're only losing 2 shields - I wouldn't have been surprised to see wastage unchanged (25% of 2 is 0.5).

A better lesson on the powers of WLTKD would be to look at one of your outlying cities, preferably one that produces a fair number of shields (10 plus), but that also loses a lot of shields to waste. Induce a WLTKD in that city and you will better appreciate a celebrating empire.

Catt

Edited for typos.
      Agreed. WLTK is very useful in cities with shield loss due to corruption. I use it a lot to build courthouses, marketplaces, temples, etc.

The biggest problem with WLTK is that it is very difficult to KEEP your city in WLTK mode. As soon as population increases or a mega-empire change happens, you have to go back to that city. Even when you have pop-ups enabled like I do, you too often have to poke around and figure out which city's 'happiness status' changed.

Civ2 had an advisor report which didn't pop up then disappear during the production cycle messages. Another example of unnecessary tedium in Civ3. There should be a 'mood' change report which you can access anytime to see what changed in a city and figure out how to change it. Why should I have to get a glance of a pop up message and then start poking around to find that city. F1 is useless if you have lots of cities and trying to discern a content from an unhappy citizen can be difficult. A report that you can click on would have reduced a lot of unncessary tedium to keep a city in WLTK mode.
      John Heidle

Comment

Originally posted by heidlejohn
        Trying to discern a content from an unhappy citizen can be difficult.
        Try this little graphic mod: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=34323
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

You can click on the unhappy faces to see why their happy!?!?!?!

You learn something new everyday...
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Happiness is always the universal problem

Comment

Working...
            X