"Name Landmark" Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Name Landmark" Feature

is there a "Name Landmark" Feature, similar to SMAC one, in Civ3?

if there is, where can I find it?
    if there isn't, wouldn't it be cool to have one?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Sorry, that's not been included. Personally I could care less.

Comment

I'd love to see it
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

A name land feature would be nice for two reasons; 1) It adds atmoshere and a sense of history to one's game, 2) It is plain practicle on very large maps, to help you find your way around.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I entirely agree that a Landmark Naming feature would [have been / be] a good addition to have in the game, like the aforementioned SMAC. Someone should tell Firaxis 'bout this one for their up-and-coming PTW expansion... ;-)
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Best I can remember, I rarely used it with SMAC, but it would be a nice touch to have them, especially on fictional scenarios.
            "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I agree it'd be nice to name battlefields.

Comment

it'd help in the civ3 demogame
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I too, would like to see this in PTW.

Comment

It was kinda fun, but not an essential thing. Was nice to name the shallow ocean that once was the Morganite territory the "New Spartan Sea" though, heh. I also liked assigning names to various landmasses I controlled.
                    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I think it would allow for more in-depth scenarios.

Comment

I dont thik it matters. I never used in SMAC. There are more important things to put in PTW
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Never used it in SMAC.
                          More substance for future expansions, less fluff.
                          The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Useful if it was in combination with a quick location jump function, i.e. similiar to 'c' atm but more like a RTS game in that you would specify CTRL-1 to point to a certain point on the map, CTRL-2 to another, etc...

Would make airlifts from continent to continent a heck of a lot easier if you could quick-jump rather than scrolling or using the mini-map.

Comment

this i want to see!
                              CSPA

Comment

Working...
                              X