building embassies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building embassies

I'm a new with civilization 3 and I'm relly confused about establishing embassies on different countries. I've got nationalism, but there isn't a button that lets me establish an embassy. Do I need to be on the same continet as the country I'm trying to establish it on?
    If any one can help it would be appreciated.

By your capitol city name there is a star. Click on this star and a window will pop up asking who you would like to open and embassy with (and the cost). Select the Civ and it will establish the embassy and give you a free peek at their capitol city.

This is available after writing.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

It's much easier if you just hit Ctrl-E after you discover Writing.

Comment

Ive noticed that the AI hardly ever opens embassies with you,Im sure its only happened once to me.Has anyone else ever seen this.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Chrisius - It happens to me every so often.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
            Ive noticed that the AI hardly ever opens embassies with you,Im sure its only happened once to me.Has anyone else ever seen this.
            How do you know that they have opened an embassy in your capital/your civ???

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

How do you know that they have opened an embassy in your capital/your civ???
              A notice pops up telling you that they did.

Comment

It'll tell you when it happens.

It happens to me on occasion. But I'm more likely to do it then the AI.
                "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

If a msg pops up, then I know for sure that the AI has never opened an embassy with me not even with the new patch.

So long...
                  Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                  Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                  Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

It happened to me exactly once ...
                    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                      It's beacuse AI is broke (no gold).
                      It happens if AI has high research rate (sometimes it's even pointless), or when he buys other AI tech like maniac (without keeping gold reserve at all).

Comment

It also happen to me once. I was the worst civ in the world, facing a war against Rome, Germany and England at the same time (I was playing as Egypt). Then, out of nowhere, here comes this pop-up message telling me that the Germans had established an embassy in my capital. Not bad, I thought. I managed to sign a peace treaty with Germany a few turns later and then the pressure was somewhat relieved. But that game had already gone the way of the dodo.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                        X