• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding dong!

The witch is dead!
    Which old witch?
    The wicked witch!
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is deeeeeeeaaaaaaad!

Added a preference for disabling the pop. limit warning.
    Is it true? Can anyone verify that it is really true?
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Yes, it is true. It is in the new "Preferences" menu in-game.

Comment

Welcome back, Lib.

EDIT: And if you don't turn off the domestic nag in 'preferences', you can also do it in-game. When first asked if you want to change production to an aqueduct/hospital, you can answer 'No, and don't ask me again.'
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Oh, Hossiah!

[...kicking heels...]

Oh, frabjious joy!

[...dancing merrily...]

May the soul of the wretched Domestic Nag find itself trapped for eternity in the vortex of a flushing toilet! May her dreaded image never soil another computer monitor! May she melt into obscurity like Ozymandias, but no plaque for her!

(Thanks for the welcome, Lockstep. )

Comment

Oh the Joy!!!! Libertarian is BACK!!!! I might just start to pay attention again.

ON TOPIC
          Yes. It does work. It's kinda fun to tell her "NO! And don't ask me again!" you fithy #@$^SEDKFUVnW(PE57!
          /ON TOPIC

hang around Lib - this place needs your special kick in the @$$.
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Coop, my dahling! (Still not used to your new monicker.)

Yes, I agree. Though I'd sooner use a bed of nails as a trampoline than endure her more than is necessary, I think I'll take your advice and leave the stupid, clueless, moronic matron enabled so that, when she pops up uninvited, unwanted, and useless, I can light a cigar, linger over a sip of fine wine, and then shoot her the finger before I dismiss her into oblivion with dramatic and enthusiastic clicks.

Comment

There is a great satisfaction to shutting the $%&#^ up.
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Hi, Lib, and welcome back.

Goodbye, domestic nag...
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Good to see you back Lib.
                  Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I guess EU2 did not pan out...

...but civ3 is always looking for another thoughtful critic!!
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                      Yes. It does work. It's kinda fun to tell her "NO! And don't ask me again!" you fithy #@$^SEDKFUVnW(PE57!
                      ...and that is exactly the reason I put it in the popup message as well as in the preferences.
                      Mike Breitkreutz
                      Programmer
                      FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Shes worse than my Mother in Law!!!

Chrisius Maximus from the land of aching ears
                        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Wow. Blast from the past . . .

Incidentally, Lib. Just how did EU2 go anyway? I finally played a full campaign game of EU and was following the EU2 exploits of Yin and Lib when you guys dissappeared. Anyway, I found EU fun but, overall, not all that engaging. I started a second campaign game but never finished it or played EU since. Oh well. To each his own.

Comment

Welcome back Lib
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

*de-lurks*

Wow. Lib. Neat. Welcome back.

*lurks*

Comment

Working...
                              X