Worker trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker trading

One funny thing I noticed recently: You can't trade workers with everybody, even if you (or they) have workers in their capital.

I beat the cr** out of the Romans very early in a recent continental game and drove them from my small continent. They did keep a couple of island cities. In the modern age I was trying to make everybody happy for a Diplo Victory but the Romans stayed furious even after I gave them all of the industrial age over the course of several turns. So I tried to give them all of their enslaved brothers back but I couldn't trade them!?! I could offer the workers to the Persians, on another continent but not the Romans. There were no embargoes in force and both I and the Romans had a harbor.

Anybody who has a clue?

I've been playing with the latest version and it is always possible. I've been buying workers form the AI civs and selling them to AI civs without any problem.

Comment

I thought you couldn't trade workers to another continent. But there must be more to it than that, since you could give them to Persia. Did you share another landmass with the Persians?

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        I thought you couldn't trade workers to another continent. But there must be more to it than that, since you could give them to Persia. Did you share another landmass with the Persians?
        Doh, I did! They had one little itty-bitty size one city in the antarctic part of my continent. That might explain things...

Comment

Working...
        X