Two More Zoom Levels, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two More Zoom Levels, Please

Look, I hate to admit this but as I am aging, my eyes are getting worse and that makes it hard to see the action of those little bitty figures going about their civvy business at the closest default zoom level. Could we please have at least two more levels of zoom: one closer and one further. This can't be all that difficult to implement.

Thanks for listening, if anyone did.
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Hear hear, only having two zoom levels is pretty cheap.

Comment

Lets hope somebody from Firaxis sees this and does the right thing,MORE ZOOM LEVELS PLEASE!!
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

At 1600X1200 on a 19" you can see a good deal of the map without expanding out but it would be better if I could see wtf my worker is doing in that jungle without getting my face two inches of the screen.

Comment

We need zoom in the map editor as well!! I want to be able to zoom out while making a map for heavens sake
          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
            We need zoom in the map editor as well!! I want to be able to zoom out while making a map for heavens sake
            it's there... you can zoom in and out twice...
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

You can zoom the map in the game?
              "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

in the GAME you can hit z to switch betwen standard and a "zoomed out" view.

in the map editor, you can zoom in either direction
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Yep thats right,surely they could apply the same zoom function to the actual game,it would be a great improvement.
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Hey, why not just change the screen res?
                    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

That could prove to be a bit tedious if you had to go back to your desktop every time you want to change your level of zoom.Or is it possible from in the game, I am not sure but I dont think so.

Comment

it's there... you can zoom in and out twice...
                        how?
                        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

how?
                          theres 2 magnifying lenses (+ and -) on the toolbar.

Comment

thanks. i should go have my eyes checked
                            CSPA

Comment

I am also frustraded about the two-level zoom. Please, Firaxis, at least two more levels!!! The units and animations are highly detailed!! Why let them be only 1 cm (or 3/8 inch) in the "zoom-in" mode?
                              :::::::::::::
                              Craftsman
                              :::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
                              X