Adult CIVIII players wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult CIVIII players wanted.

CGA — the Certified Gamers Alliance — is widening its horizons. The group has been formed as a gathering place for mature, adult gamers (25+) who take the fun of on-line gaming seriously. With over 275 full members from all over the globe, the chances of getting a great game of something with people you can trust is guaranteed!

Visit us at www.cgagamers.com and read our charter for details.

You are not alone!

BTW, I'm not a complete newbie. I just changed nicks. Some of you may remember me as DangerMouse.

Comment

Well, I read your charter and I have a question. By whom are thee certified?

Comment

Jimmy,

Well, the "certified" just means that the members certify that they agree to our three basic tenets:

1. You are over 25 years old.
        2. You don't cheat or exploit game bugs
        3. Don't be a jerk.

BTW, if you want to get a flavour of our membership, drop by the BBS and hang around the public area for a bit. You'll find we have people from around the globe who are active participants.

Comment

I can't emphaize the global nature of CGA enough. Some other groups I belong to seem to be predominately north american. In the CGA we have many members from (outside of US and Canada):

1. UK
          2. The Netherlands
          3. Sweden
          4. Austria
          5. France
          6. Finland
          6. India
          7. Australia
          8. Japan

In fact, the Euro contingent is one of our most active and vocal groups.

Comment

age discrimination
            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

More like immaturity discrimination.

And soliciting.
              Fitz. (n.) Old English
              1. Child born out of wedlock.
              2. Bastard.

Comment

And soliciting.
                Guilty as charged

Still, I try to not be obnoxious about it.

Comment

I can tell you that there is no difference between someones muturity levle that is 24 verses someoen that is 25. Plus your an adult at 18 so your title is false.

Comment

Besides: I'm 26 and very immature...
                    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Hey, I'm 21 and I'm very mature! Áge discrimination indeed!

I hereby announce that I shall boycot your organization !!

Comment

I don't see why you can't lower the age to at least 21. 25 seem arbitrarily high, especially given the average age of most gamers...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

When you become 25 you will see why they made it 25...
                          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Don't want to join your fascist club anyway No I was kidding, but seriously don't you think what you are doing is a little immature in itself. Don't mean to be rude but it sounds like someone is still a little bitter they got beet at starcraft or something

Comment

It seems as though the vast majority of players are in their teens and early twenties, tops. Not exactly a mind-melting revelation.

But at what age does playing Civ3 become an embarrassment? Is there an expiration date stamped on the box? (recommended for players 12 to 21. Your mileage may vary.)

Comment

Working...
                              X