Re-Name your unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Name your unit

I was assaulting an Iroquois city playing the Romans. It was just when a Cavalry Unit broke in, a Leader appeared, and then, a new window asking me how to name the victorious unit.

My question is: How can I get to re-name my units? What are the conditions? It happens only when the unit is victorious and produces a Leader? (It was the first time I ever saw this so I was really surprised and didnt understood it at first)

_Many thanks for your answer_

You can only rename an elite unit that produces a great leader.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

re

But there were times when my unit would produce a Leader, and this re-name option wouldnt appear. Whats the magic on this?

Comment

Is there anyway to rename a unit any time
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

No. Unless you create a scenario via the editor. Then, I think you can place units and name them.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: re

Originally posted by MagisterMilitum
            But there were times when my unit would produce a Leader, and this re-name option wouldnt appear. Whats the magic on this?
            This feature has been introduced with the 1.29f patch only.

Comment

So if your infantry made a leader you could call it the elite second division or something like that?
              The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by simwiz2
                So if your infantry made a leader you could call it the elite second division or something like that?
                Yep.

Comment

"So if your infantry made a leader you could call it the elite second division or something like that?"

I named mine Grey Wolf Regiment. Had a nice ring to it. Seriously the reason that the rename option appears is so you can keep track of your elite units that generated the leader. Because these units can't generate another GL. It was hassle to try to keep track of those elite units that had generated leaders before the latest patch.

Comment

I once named a stack of Panzers "Hitler's Sex Toys", & they went on to destroy many a city, it was hilarious when I was drunk at 3AM yesterday. but it's still pretty funny!
                    Last edited by Darkworld Ark; July 25, 2002, 15:15.
                    Know your enemies!
                    "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

8 days after the release..
                      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
                        8 days after the release.. [/QUOTEJ
                        Just what the **** you meant to say with that????????

So, im not a goddamned freaking nerd playing this game the whole ****ing day!
                        I play Civ for the entertainment it gives, I got a life out there, you know.

If you gonna make stupid comments like that you can go to hell, you hear?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Iskander was referring to the fact that it only took 8 days for someone to name a unit "Hitler's Sex Toys"...

Oh, and btw - even if he had meant it for you, it's not exactly the world's worst insult is it? And it certainly doesn't give you the right to flame the way you did. So there
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Be careful re-naming!

I deal with many pop-ups in the game by pushing the "O" option - I did this with my first opportunity to rename a unit under 1.29f -- in this case a horseman. He was renamed "Horseman." On at least 4 or 5 subsequent occasions during the game, when I would right-click on my "unit storage city" to get a drop down of units there - I would see this damn "Veteran Horseman" unit and wonder why I hadn't already upgraded him to cavalry - which I then proceed to do by waking him, etc. . . . . only to see that "Horseman" was in fact a cavalry named Horseman.

Many a wasted mouseclick (and regularly failing memory) and now I generally content myself with the "*" to denote leader generating units and click on the "X" for the re-naming pop-up.

Catt

Comment

btw - you might have a life now , but just you wait...
                              Up the Irons!
                              Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X