What am I doing wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    I want to reiterate that you have a better chance of producing a GL if you are the aggressor and if you are attacking a town.
    It's true that you chances for leader generation are doubled on offense compared to defense. But I haven't seen anything to indicate that attacking a town is more likely to create a leader than attacking a unit in the open.

Is your statement based on your own game observations or something "semi official" (i.e., a Firaxian post, and extensive testing program, etc.) that I've missed?

Catt

Comment

haven't seen anything to indicate that attacking a town is more likely to create a leader than attacking a unit in the open.

Is your statement based on your own game observations or something "semi official" (i.e., a Firaxian post, and extensive testing program, etc.) that I've missed?
      On observation only, and from other readings have found that this is not true. Yet, it sure seems like it. Maybe because they ussually keep a lot of guys in towns, and I can get a few good attacks in one round in, instead of trying to hunt down guys on the roads.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Hey KenderBane, didn't realize their was any other Oklahomans on Apolyton. Figured I was the only one around, heh. Anyway, with militant civs waging lots of wars early on should get you some GLs, also you might want to wear units down with your regulars/veterans first, then let your elites finished off weakened units, so you can increase the chance of getting a GL from it. Anyway, all the advice i've got, never really went after getting GLs.

ChaotikVisions ... I'm not FROM Oklahoma ... just stationed here at Ft Sill (yes, that makes me active duty military).
        Thank god, there are no KENDER in Civ3.

Comment

Ah, so not really an Oklahoman then. Well, Oklahoma isn't too bad of a place to be, compared to some places at least.
          "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            I experimented last night.
            don't tell us please

(couldn't resist, sorry )

posted by theseus
            Although it feels like 1.29 has decreased GL generation, this strat worked.
            I've noticed this too, but do we have something official on that??
            btw; that would be a good thing, I think GL's shouldn't appear every game ( my previous game gave 10 or 11 and I only played until late industrial)
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
            X