No announcement yet.

Has anyone finished a 1.29 game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've noticed changes in game play on huge maps. the comercial trait is definately better (increased production of gold)- at least for the greeks under a republic. i have to check the details for corruption. also civs focus more on their historical strengths (english spas with navy, germans with cavalry and tanks ect.) the AI is smarter too. they'll use hit an run as well as precision strikes with various units instead of just slamming into you. one annoying thing is the greed the ai has now-they want so much for trades, even on warlord. is worse at monarch+ diplomacy between AIs seems to make more sense-they do it now. i've had a major world war-just like WWI, alliances that trigger chaos. one thing i havent seen is AI fighter action. getting better. if the AI could have stronger strategic thought instead of mass building and bunching... though they no longer keep their entire army\navy in one spot-spread it out all over in their territory for once!
    If it doesn't work, kick it. Never foreget, bananas don't like monkies.
    <>

Comment

Well my game is up to about 1750. I'm still way behind on tech (it seems more like an emperor rather than a monarch game). The AI is still trading techs pretty effectively with itself and keeping those civs ahead in the tech race. I havent seen any evidence yet of improved AI battle tactics, but its been pretty peaceful so far after taking 3 cities including the capital from Egypt.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I put down Civ3 for awhile to play with my playstation 2. But 1.29 has me playing again. Although 1.29 does not fix the modern era tech tree, I have. Check out my mod (click the link in my signature).
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Two things I have noticed:

1. You can no longer blackmail large amount of techs from the AI when you have them by the throats. Even before their immediate extermination they don't give any valuable.

2. AI is now busy upgrading its units. When I faced off Egyptians in late Industrial Age, all their defensive units were Infantries.

Good job, Firaxis!

Comment

The rationale behind the trading policies of Ai civs is simple...

If you are a relatively small civ in comparison then you'll get a good trading deal with your luxuries and resources.

If you are have a massive sprawling empire you'll get pittance for what you have to offer, at least as far as luxuries and resources are concerned.

Remember the worth of resources and luxuries is a whole lot greater to a massive empire than they do to a small one...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Merciless

2. AI is now busy upgrading its units. When I faced off Egyptians in late Industrial Age, all their defensive units were Infantries.

Good job, Firaxis!
              If thats true its great news.

My game, 1865 or so I've just made it to middle-late industrial with a tech every 5-6 turns. The indians have already built the manhatten project and the UN and have airports in every city. All this from a CIV about the same size as mine.

I may lose a game at monarch level
              Last edited by SpencerH; August 1, 2002, 07:16.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=
                The rationale behind the trading policies of Ai civs is simple...

If you are a relatively small civ in comparison then you'll get a good trading deal with your luxuries and resources.

If you are have a massive sprawling empire you'll get pittance for what you have to offer, at least as far as luxuries and resources are concerned.

Remember the worth of resources and luxuries is a whole lot greater to a massive empire than they do to a small one...
                I don't mean the normal trades during peace time. In older versions, if you are putting AI Civs under military pressure, they would give you all their techs after losing only a few cities to you.

Comment

Cleo was the number 1 civ and I was number 4 but she wouldnt give me anything despite having taken 3 of her cities including her capitol. Thats a change for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X