Firaxis Accepting Mod/Scenario Requests for PtW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Accepting Mod/Scenario Requests for PtW

Well, requests to get your mod/scenario INTO it, at least.

So in case you didn't see it in the news, they are.
    I'm going to send them my Civil War scenario once I'm finished with it soon.
    Hmmm, I wonder what scenario I should make next...

Waterloo
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Laziness?
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Well, requests to get your mod/scenario INTO it, at least.

Yes it is all very excting. The best mods, sceniros etc come from the fan community, so it is good move on their part.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Not much time though... only a couple weeks. Hopefully people will get cracking and some good scenarios will be submitted before the deadline (a WWII especially ).

Comment

Just curious, but how will the diplomacy issue be fixed in a world war two scenario? Unless the diplomacy is put in by Firaxis with an upgraded in-house editor, I could see some pretty freakish alliances popping up over Europe in 1939. Unless this has all been sorted out and I missed something big?

Comment

Nope, no diplomacy. And I highly doubt that Firaxis will modify scenarios in any way. Looks like it'll be an interesting day in Germany, 1939.

Comment

Trip, how about a WWII scenario in the Pacific theatre. It would be the allied forces under Supreme Allied Commander Mac Arthur against the Japanese. You could only use two sides, i.e. Allies which would include Americans, Australians, British and New Zealanders and on the other side you would have the Japanese. The map would stretch betwn say the US westwards to Burma and Indochina. Of course if you want to make it 100% accurate you can use China and Russia but then it would be difficult to manage relations without a better editor. What I really like aboiut this idea is the use of naval and air power would be much more significant than in the European Theatre and thus a good change plus you can use Marines which are also not utilized much. It would be a longer and slower game because of all the water tiles and the difficulty of taking over island after island (or island hopping as they used to call Mac Arthur's strategy back in WWII).

The problem that I see is the lack of naval and air units. There are only a few in the game but they would have to be a lot more for such a scenario.

So long....
                Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

You see? Firaxis still believe we can create scenarios, despite having no diplomacy editing, no events/scripts, no turn length editing and perhaps other crucial editing features. Cleverly designed custom maps and civ placements are one thing (and worthy to be included in PtW), but scenarios they are not. Why do they keep perpetuating this lie?

Comment

How do we create scenarios without a proper editor?

Shouldnt Firaxis be asking this be the question for their second xp?

I think they are just taking the piss by asking.

I for one will not even bother starting to mod until the tools are there.
                    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
                      I for one will not even bother starting to mod until the tools are there.
                      You had tools for MODing, right from v1.07f

You have tools for map making, and now better them before (MINI-MAP).

And you have limited scenario tools (still interesing things can be made regardless of limitations).

Comment

Perhaps I should drop all of my other mods and make the "The invasion of England by the Irish" mod.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                        X