Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you name your Leader Generating Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you name your Leader Generating Units?

i'm fairly uncreative with ym names so i ended up with the following units in my past games...

"Jaggie the Jaguar Warrior"
    "Knighty McKnight"
    "Sharpy the Blademaster" (swordsman)

and my favorite

"Bruce Lee and his Horse" (rider)
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Whats a leader generated unit? The elite unit that generates the leader? And how do you name it?

I dont notice all the subtleties during mass carnage.
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

It should also be given an extra hitpoint and the ability to make to unhappy citizens happy if located in a town.

I always just call them the Royal Dragoons if there Cavalry.

Comment

I named the 2 I got so far after the leader they generated:

Tojo's Archers
        Hirohito's Samurai

But this is not a good idea, because they keep their name after an upgrade.

EDIT: Destroyer - install patch 1.29f and you'll know. Leader generating units can be named. This is important, because such a unit can generate only 1 leader, at least till the next upgrade.

Comment

oh yea, can't forget a new hero graphic that is era specific as well.

Comment

Well i am pretty vain and call them my name. I then pretend the unit is me and never let them fight again, because im worried i might get slain!

Comment

I'name them Old Guard.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Is that like from the family of right gaurd products at all.

Comment

I'll probably name them 'Put in Army or Upgrade', just so I don't forget.

Comment

Leader generating unit - what's that? And how do you rename it?
                    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

When an Elite unit produces a leader you're able to name the unit with the new patch.

I rename 'em after all the great people on Apolyton.

Just kiddin...
                      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Oh damn. I'm still on 1.21f. 1.29f doesn't detect my CD
                        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

I played Chinese in my ongoing game so I named them after heroes in Chinese novels I read.

Comment

I name mine after people here on Apolyton. I'm not joking, either.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And then you probably disband them right?

Comment

Working...
                              X