Excuse me if I should know this about the patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me if I should know this about the patch

If I download this latest patch, can I still play my saved games?

sboog

hmm, I'm not sure about this patch but in previous patches you could not play saved games from a different version.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Saves don't work, in fact a modded save crashed to the desktop.

Comment

I'm playing a saved game with 1.29 (specifically, AU 101). It took forever to load the first time, but since then it's actually been faster. All of the new stuff works (I think).

Might have been the mod that was the problem for miccofl.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The saves are very similar to 1.21f, so IO don't know why they wouldn't work.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I copied my edited mod to another folder, installed 1.29, and then imported in its values from that saved mod. My saved games worked.

Comment

I don't have any mods or anything like that. All I have are the plain old games I have played and saved. I want to know if I can continue them with this last patch or if all the games I have started and saved will be null and void.

sboog

Comment

I don't know. I haven't had plain old games since December when I first edited it.

But if it works for mods, why not?

Comment

IIRC Soren said something about trade, if using old save-games, it could! act a bit strange.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So has anyone figured out if all of our old half- played saved games will work with the new patch?

What is this about trade?

sboog

Comment

Go ahead, sboog.

I just finished AU 101 using 1.29, and it worked fine, including trade (well, to be honest I was at war with everyone from the time I installed the patch until I won...).

Anyway, it worked fine for me, and some of the new usability stuff is great. And it's definitely faster.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yes. It works.
                        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

it works for me. been playing all day. tried a save from the last version before 1.29 so thats the extent of this reassurance.

Comment

If you upgrade from a version before they put the rules in the SAVs it may change them on you, other then that it should work corectly.
                            Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                            in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                            3D Unit tutorial
                            My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Working...
                            X