Default Money Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Money Resource

Down at the bottom right-hand corner of the General Settings Rules page is the Default Money Resource, with a drop down menu of reources. It's currently set to 'None'. what it's significance?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Whenever you explore a goody hut and get a gift of gold, the "money resource" selected in the Editor will appear in the square where the hut was. If you wish to set a resource for it, it is suggested that you choose a Bonus resource and not a Luxury or Strategic resource, as creating new sources of these after the start of the game can be unbalancing, and can even cause the game to crash if you have selected a Strategic resource for which you do not possess the required technology.

Personally, I set the default money resource to Gold. Choosing Game, Wheat, or Cattle may cause the game to crash if the game attempts to place them on Hill or Mountain tiles if you get money from a goody hut placed there.
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
      Whenever you explore a goody hut and get a gift of gold, the "money resource" selected in the Editor will appear in the square where the hut was. If you wish to set a resource for it, it is suggested that you choose a Bonus resource and not a Luxury or Strategic resource, as creating new sources of these after the start of the game can be unbalancing, and can even cause the game to crash if you have selected a Strategic resource for which you do not possess the required technology.

Personally, I set the default money resource to Gold. Choosing Game, Wheat, or Cattle may cause the game to crash if the game attempts to place them on Hill or Mountain tiles if you get money from a goody hut placed there.
      I've never had the problems you mentioned. If I have a resource that's problematic, it just doesn't appear. Although I've always used Strategic resources that were always available.

Comment

Working...
      X