1.29 Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.29 Mac

What is the situation for Mac owners on patches and PTW and stuff?

you're not getting the 1.29f patch. Sorry.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

ever?

Comment

well, highly unlikely. Here's a quote on CivFanatics:

While PC Civ3 players are eagerly awaiting the imminent release of the 1.29f patch, Mac Civ3 players are still waiting for the 1.21f patch and the news is not very good. In our Civ3 - Macintosh forum, Westlake Interactive's Brad Oliver said it's likely that the Mac version will stop with 1.21f. The problem is the editor - it would be basically stalled at 1.21f, and you can't use the 1.21f editor with 1.29f of the game. That would make the editor virtually useless. Furthermore, updating the editor to 1.29f looks to be a Herculean task for which there is neither time nor money for anyone crazy enough to complete on the Mac side, he wrote. It's time to get used to the notion that 1.29f will probably not come to the Mac. That way if some miracle happens, you can be pleasantly surprised instead of frustrated.
        Beats me why Firaxis themselves don't provide Mac support.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Look again at Civfanatics, they have an update. MacSoft says they are looking into the situation, that it may take a little time to determine how to get the ball rolling again.

Comment

Yep, Jaybe's right:

MacSoft's Nate Birkholz visited the forum yesterday and assured Mac civers that MacSoft will investigate all the possibilities before deciding whether to port the 1.29f patch to the Mac or not.

No decisions have been made yet as to what will happen with 1.29f on the Mac. Until we have had a chance to see the patch and discuss all the ramifications with Brad and Westlake as well as with Firaxis, we won't know what happens next. We appreciate the interest everyone is taking in this, and we will definitely take that into consideration as we go forward. Please give us a little time to investigate all the possiblities.
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Alright that will be good. I will finally be able to edit my units bilities so that all of them will have a function.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

remember, Lawrence - they've not actually said there will be a 1.29g patch...
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Private email from Brad Oliver himself:

Since we haven't seen an "official" release of 1.21f for the Mac, are
                  you going to hold and roll 1.21f and a Mac 1.29f into a single patch?

Hard to say. The status of a Mac 1.29f patch is still up in the air. At a
                  minimum, I would expect that sometime in the near future, 1.21f will be finalized alongside the 1.21f editor. Anything above and beyond that has yet to be determined.
                  (Brad is one of the programmers that still works on maintaining the Mac port of Civ3. To my understanding, at this point Westlake Interactive is basically doing it as a gesture of kindness to the community.)

Comment

So we will be getting an editor on the Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by Iotaq
                      So we will be getting an editor on the Mac?
                      If Brad --- the guy who's actually coding it --- is to be believed, then in all likliness yes.

Comment

Good good

Comment

Working...
                        X